Javier Vazquez took over for Phil Hughes last night, pitching the last 4.1 innings, giving up just one run (on a homer, of course) on two hits and one walk with two strikeouts. With Ivan Nova’s successful first Major League start the other night, it appears that we’re going to see Vazquez in the bullpen [...]
There are a few things bouncing about in Yankee land, and here’s what I think of them…
First off, after last night’s performance, how much longer does Chad Gaudin have in pinstripes? I feel like we’ve asked this question at least five times, yet Gaudin’s still survived. I’d have no problem with getting rid of [...]
On the heels of Ivan Nova’s impressive MLB debut as a starter, questions arose about how he will be worked in with the other starters. We found out right away that Javier Vazquez would be skipped a turn, but there was also the lingering question of how the Yanks will [...]
MLBTR came out with some updated Elias Free Agent Rankings yesterday, so I thought I’d scan the list for Yankee free agents and see whether or not I’d offer that guy arbitration.
The first to come up is under the 1B/DH/OF category: Lance Berkman. Right now, he profiles as a Type B free [...]
This one started out rather inauspiciously, as Ichiro Suzuki turned on Home Run Javier Vazquez‘s third pitch of the game and deposited it into the seats for a 1-0 lead before the Yankees could record an out. Two batters later Russell Branyan launched what may have been [...]
What an odd start for Javier Vazquez last night, huh? He lasted just four innings, giving up two runs while walking four, surrendering five hits, but striking out six. This game is clearly a case of “Wow, that was pretty bad but it could’ve been a lot worse.”
Literally nothing was working for Vazquez last [...]
I was debating titling this post something along the lines of “Offensive woes continue” or “Nightmarish August continues for Yankee offense” and then realized that “Offensive” summed the current situation up pretty well. Plus, at the rate the Yankees aren’t scoring runs, I can only imagine I’ll be able to [...]
Yes, this is going to be another post about the Curtis Granderson trade. I don’t yet know what the lineup will look like tonight, but Granderson did not start the past few nights against left handed pitchers. We’ve also gotten news that Granderson and hitting coach Kevin Long will work to completely reform the [...]
If I told you before the game that the Yankees would knock Cliff Lee out before the eighth inning while hanging four runs on the best pitcher in the American League in the process you’d have (a) Called me crazy, (b) Signed up for that all day every day, [...]
I missed this one (who schedules baseball games on a Saturday evening in July anyway?), but was ecstatic to check my BlackBerry to see that the Yanks pulled out a close one, beating the Rays 5-4 in rather dramatic fashion.
The Yankees’ three hottest hitters in July essentially singlehandedly [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees