The Orioles send right handed pitcher Jake Arrieta to the mound tonight to face Ivan Nova and the Yankees. Arrieta was a 5th round draft pick from the Baltimore Orioles back in 2007. By 2009, the 23 year old pitcher played through double-A and triple-A, as well as being [...]
Behind their ace CC Sabathia, the Yankees are looking for the road sweep of the Baltimore Orioles tonight. A win would put the team at .500 entering their home opener, a somewhat successful result for a road trip, and a dramatic improvement over their 0-3 start. Facing the O’s last year, Sabathia had [...]
Through the first five innings, Thursday night’s contest between the Yankees and the Orioles unfolded in about as unsurprising a manner as possible. While I had high hopes that Phil Hughes would be able to put his ugly first two starts behind, #65′s struggles continued, as he only made it through 4.1 innings, [...]
Given the success of the young starting pitchers on our divisional rivals who have made the Yankees look silly for the last three games, I wanted to take a quick look at how the starting pitchers on all five teams in the AL East have fared this [...]
You had to figure CC Sabathia was due for a clunker at home at some point. As wonderful as he is at pitching, even the best have their off nights. Unfortunately Sabathia’s first loss at home since July 19, 2009 — well over a year — coincided with
The Yankees last saw the Orioles nearly three months ago, having played Baltimore 12 times in a span of about six weeks and going 10-2 in those contests. The last time the two teams played Baltimore snapped the Yankees’ 10-game winning streak against them by countering with the Yankee [...]
After spending a lot of time discussing Josh Tomlin‘s annihilation of the Yankees last night while continuing to bemoan the team’s performance against pitchers making their Major League debuts, I was encouraged to take a look back at previous instances to see whether the stigma that the Yankees [...]
The Yankees lost to the Orioles 4-3 in a game that might’ve been more frustrating if it hadn’t been absurdly inevitable.
Let me count the ways:
1) The Yankees had a 10-game winning streak against the O’s. They were going to win a game at some point.
2) The [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees