Longtime readers know I am no fan of Interleague Play, and to me nothing is more emblematic of how pointless it is than the six games the Yankees and Mets are forced to play against each other each year. No offense to the Mets, but in the majority of seasons since [...]
I’m pleased to present the following guest post from friend-of-the-blog Lenny Vaisman. Lenny’s a die-hard Yankee fan and was actually a semi-regular contributor to my initial foray into Yankee blogging, Save Phil Hughes, posting as HitMan23. Lenny comes to us today with a great (and fairly radical) [...]
I’m not embarrassed to admit that I had thrown the towel in on this game once the Yankees fell behind 5-0. Prior to last night the biggest deficit the team had overcome was three runs. In fact, I even started drafting my game recap while the game was still underway, [...]
Every Yankee fan is familiar with the “Good” and “Bad” A.J. Burnett meme. Unfortunately for the Yankees, “Good A.J.” has been on the side of a milk carton for nearly two months now. We’re used to stretches of ineffectiveness from Burnett, but this is getting ridiculous. He’s not even [...]
CC Sabathia continued his marvelous June run, throwing eight innings of one-run, seven-strikeout ball (lowering his ERA to 3.49); Alex Rodriguez drove in both Yankee runs — including a booming go-ahead solo home run that would prove to be the game-winner; and Mariano Rivera struck out the [...]
Despite a long and storied history between the New York Yankees (45-27, 1st in AL East) and Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers (39-33, 3rd in NL West, 3 GB), the two teams really haven’t had much interaction since I started paying attention to baseball in the late ’80s. They last met [...]
I turned this one off in the 4th and hit the sack after Javier Vazquez gave up the lead as a result of yet another Adam LaRoche RBI base hit (speaking of which, I am totally on board with NoMaas’ plot to bring LaRoche to New York. [...]
So, how about that Andy Pettitte?
Seriously, is there anything he can’t do these days? Andy, have you thought about giving curing cancer a try? Pettitte has been a near-lock for seven innings of two-runs-or-less ball this season, and true to form he gave another seven strong innings last [...]
The Yankees’ uninspired play in Arizona last night reminded me of Interleague 2007, when everyone was up in arms over the Yanks getting their rear ends handed to them by the then-mediocre Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants. This subsequently made me wonder how the Yankees have fared during the last few years at [...]
A.J. Burnett was horrendous for the second straight outing, digging the Yankees a 5-0 hole in the bottom of the 1st inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks en route to a 10-4 loss. After quickly retiring the first two batters he faced, Burnett gave up six(!) straight hits including [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees