Tom Verducci released his “Verducci Effect” candidates this week, and Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova made the list. For those who are unfamiliar, Verducci has concluded that pitchers 25 years old and younger who see a workload jump of at least 30 innings in one season are at greater risk of injury than their [...]
Joe Girardi provided the Yankee beat writers with three little nuggets of news about Yankee pitchers this morning. Mark Feinsand has the scoop:
Phil Hughes will be skipped one start in the Yankees rotation to limit his innings, Joe Girardi said before Wednesday’s series finale against Baltimore. Dustin Moseley will start Sunday in Texas, [...]
From Chad Jennings:
No, Hughes doesn’t know exactly how many innings he’s allowed to throw this season. He hasn’t asked. The only thing he asked when the Yankees told him his turn was being skipped this week was whether he’d have to miss another start before the all-star break. The Yankees assured him that, [...]
[image title="YANKEES 6 MUNSON" size="full" id="16354" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Via Marc Carig:
Assuming that weather doesn’t change the schedule, Phil Hughes will make his first start for the Yankees on April 15 against the Angels.
But before that, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Hughes will stay stretched out by pitching in extended [...]
[image title="*Feb 25 - 00:05*" size="full" id="16194" align="center" linkto="full" ]
This is a guest post from friend of the blog Jamal Granger. It is an excellent and thorough read, and I could not agree more with his conclusion.
In April 2008, the New York Yankees opened the MLB season with a rotation of [...]
As I am sure you all know, the Yankees announced today that Phil Hughes will be the 5th starter. I have discussed this at length and you know that I do not like it, so I would prefer to look past the prudence of the actual decision and look at one of the important [...]
[image title="80321690JM018_CHICAGO_WHITE" size="full" id="15818" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Brian Burkhart chimed in yesterday with a fantastic post about the difficulties that a team like the Yankees faces when trying to develop young pitching:
Now, let me first state that this is a great problem to have. But the reality is, because the Yankees are [...]
[image title="Royals Yankees Baseball" size="full" id="15772" align="center" linkto="full" ]
In all the excitement and joy of the 2009 championship season, there was one area of the club that simply was not very much fun. Joba Chamberlain’s starts over the last two months of the season were excruciating to watch, as the Yankees limited his [...]
From Chad Jennings:
For the most part, general manager Brian Cashman has left all of next year’s questions unanswered until the organizaton’s internal meetings take place, but this afternoon he gave his opinion on Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain.
“I look at them as starters that can relieve,” he said. “But I look [...]
With the new and improved Joba Rules now in place, the Yankees have a plan to keep Joba Chamberlain on regular rest while limiting his innings. Let’s look at the remainder of his scheduled starts and try to determine what that plan might be.
It seems evident that Joba’s limit is somewhere around 160 innings, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees