(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
The roughly 24-hour period of time from last Thursday night to last Friday night was right up there with the most emotional moments I’ve had as a Yankee fan. The initial breaking story of Mariano Rivera being carted [...]
Another Friday, another big breaking story in Yankeeland, although this one is not nearly as positive or exciting as Andy’s return last week.
In a mildly surprising move, Lance Berkman has been placed on the DL and Eduardo Nunez has been called up. We first heard that Nunez was with the club this morning, leading many to believe that Alex Rodriguez was the one headed to the disabled list. However, despite being available last night as a [...]
Mariano Rivera has seemed a bit off over the last week to ten days or so, going deeper into counts and allowing more baserunners than he did earlier in the season. While he has been able to limit the damage, it has been evident that Mo was not exactly himself. Well, now we may [...]
From the AP:
Yankees pitcher Ian Kennedy has thrown off a mound for the first time since undergoing surgery May 12 to remove an aneurysm from beneath his right biceps.
Kennedy threw 25 pitches during a bullpen session Tuesday. The right-hander says everything was fine and he would work off a mound again Friday.
Pete Abe is reporting that Brett Gardner is headed to the DL witha broken left thumb. He injured the digit sliding into second yesterday, and will spend two weeks in a cast prior to being reevaluated. Brett had become an important member of the team, and was becoming more vital as Melky continued to struggle. [...]
For most of his first month back on the field following hip surgery, Alex Rodriguez has shown the ill effects of the procedure. While his incredible talent has allowed him to swing the bat with authority (.255/.407/.541), he has looked statuesque in the field and slow on the basepaths. Balls that look like infield singles [...]
From Pete Abraham:
Xavier Nady has been cleared to play in an extended-spring-training game in Florida today. He has been on the disabled list since April 16 with a partially torn elbow ligament.
Nady, Jorge Posada (right hamstring), Jose Molina (left quad) and Cody Ransom (right quad) started working out at the team [...]
From The Daily News:
Xavier Nady took batting practice for the first time in more than a month, testing his injured right elbow harder than he has since he went on the disabled list on April 16.
Nady took five rounds of BP, swinging between five and eight times per round. [...]
Via Pete Abe, we get word that Derek Jeter has a pulled oblique muscle and will not play tonight. I wonder how long he has had this nagging him, as he has not been driving the ball over the last week or so. More as it becomes available…
Update: According to Sweeny Murti of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees