Alex Rodriguez had, by his lofty standards, a horrible 2011 season. Old friend Larry tries to explain why:
As you know, Alex Rodriguez hit a career-low 16 home runs across 428 plate appearances in his injury-riddled 2011 campaign, or a pace of 26.75 PA/HR. However, this pace wasn’t impacted by his second [...]
In one comment made to the media yesterday, Brian Cashman managed to upset the Yankees’ crosstown rivals as well as a portion of his own fanbase. Marc Carig has more:
“He was abused,” Cashman said this afternoon. “Listen, I don’t know, the concern is based on the MRI. The use pattern was abusive, [...]
From Marc Carig:
Right-hander Sergio Mitre, the scheduled starter, woke up on Sunday with what he described as soreness and stiffness in his left oblique area. It was near the same muscle that he strained last season, an injury that landed him in on the disabled list for about a month.
Via John Harper of the Daily News:
Somewhere, Brian Cashman must have cringed when he heard the news. Not that Nick Johnson getting scratched from a spring training game is some catastrophe, but for the Yankee GM there is no escaping the tie-in between Johnson and Johnny Damon…
As you all know by [...]
After testing his elbow in a bullpen session on Saturday, according to Andy McCullough (Star-Ledger), the Yankees will likely use David Robertson on Tuesday against the Royals. Barring any setbacks, he should be on the team’s postseason roster, as Girardi has demonstrated a willingness to bring Robertson in whenever the team is in need [...]
According to Tyler Kepner, Jerry Hairston’s MRI revealed that he has tendinitis in his left wrist. He received a cortisone shot—I believe it’s his second one this month—and is considered day-to-day. That’s good news for Jerry and the Yankees.
Andy Pettitte was scheduled to pitch tomorrow against the Blue Jays, however, due to “shoulder fatigue,” Chad Gaudin will get the start in his place. Joe Girardi noted that Pettitte’s shoulder issue wasn’t considered serious and that extra rest would likely correct the situation. The Yankees are probably just being cautious with Pettitte [...]
Due to what has been characterized as “elbow tightness,” according to Anthony DiComo, David Robertson has been shut down indefinitely. He is also scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews after undergoing an MRI yesterday. This is a tough break for the team as Robertson has been an effective piece of the bullpen. Hopefully [...]
Jesus Montero exited yesterday’s game after being hit in the left hand while catching a pitch from Lance Pendleton. Now, according to Pete Abraham, it appears as though Montero will miss the rest of the minor-league season with a fractured middle finger. The estimated recovery time for the injury is 4-6 weeks. Tough [...]
According to Bryan Hoch, Alfredo Aceves’ shoulder felt better today after a 20-pitch bullpen session.
In addition, from PA, we learn that Damaso Marte was throwing 88 mph meatballs last night (he gave up 2 homers). Marte has now given up 3 ER over 4 2/3 IP with Scranton. He usually throws around [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees