UPDATE: (2:00 PM) (EJ) – MLB Trade Rumors has it. The Yankees will acquire Granderson for Ian Kennedy, Austin Jackson, and Phil Coke, pending a medical check. Full reactions later tonight.
The Arizona Fall League season began today, and 6 Yankees, playing for the Surprise Rafters, were part of a 17-4 shellacking of the Peoria Javelinas.
Ian Kennedy started, giving up a run on 2 hits in 4 innings of work, with 4 strikeouts. Zach Kroenke gave up a run on a hit and a walk [...]
From the NY Post:
Ian Kennedy’s 20 friends and family members could scarcely stand to watch while the New York reliever’s first appearance in over a year went from an inspiration to a budding nightmare.
Thanks to a bases-loaded fly ball, Kennedy and the Yankees could enjoy a much-needed series victory that sent them [...]
Here’s a post that was inevitable.
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
Who knows how matters might have played out if the Yankees had actually made their trade for Santana after the 2007 season. But more and more, GM Brian Cashman’s restraint then is being paid off now. Cashman philosophically could not advocate giving up [...]
According to Chad Jennings, the Yankees have ticketed 6 players to play in the Arizona Fall League during the offseason. These players include Tampa catcher Austin Romine, RHP Ian Kennedy (rehabbing after aneurysm surgery), Scranton outfielder Colin Curtis, Tampa 3b Brandon Laird, and AAA lefty relievers Zach Kroenke and Mike Dunn. According to Jennings, [...]
From the AP:
Yankees pitcher Ian Kennedy has thrown off a mound for the first time since undergoing surgery May 12 to remove an aneurysm from beneath his right biceps.
Kennedy threw 25 pitches during a bullpen session Tuesday. The right-hander says everything was fine and he would work off a mound again Friday.
Ian Kennedy’s rehab is going well and he hasn’t felt any discomfort since he began his program. He’s trying to pitch in a minor-league game before the end of the season, but that obviously may not occur. He is, however, expected to pitch in Puerto Rico this winter, barring any setbacks. It’ll be interesting [...]
-Cano looks amazing in the field and at the plate. Forget about the results, because its too small of a sample size, but he’s hitting the ball hard the opposite way and swinging at good pitches. Neither of which we saw much of last year.
-Keep an eye on Swisher getting some of Matsui’s ABs. [...]
The Yankees reassigned 6 players to minor league camp this morning, with Mark Melancon, Ian Kennedy, Jesus Montero, Christian Garcia, Kevin Russo, and Kyle Anson all getting the ax. It seems that Melancon never really had a shot to make the team, as his first poor outing has him on his way back to [...]
The Yankees went into last season with two rookies at the back of their rotation. Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy were both highly regarded prospects handed jobs in spring training based on their brief 2007 stints with the club and their sheer talent. One disastrous season later, both are likely to start the year in [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees