Here’s some Hot Stove stuff from the last few days…
From the Daily News:
In the words of “Lord of the Rings,” so it begins. While I don’t think the negotiations will be as epic as the Battle of Helms Deep, I think we’re in for a bit [...]
So, according to Wally Matthews, the Yankees plan on offering Derek Jeter $45-60MM. Now that we have that information, let’s assume (I know, not always a good thing to do) that it’s correct and see if we can hammer out this contract ourselves.
Let’s start off by just getting it out of the way: [...]
With yet another long-coveted (by me) hitter hitting the free agent market, I’d be remiss if I didn’t at least broach the idea of the Yankees signing Vladimir Guerrero — who recently had his $9M 2011 option rightly declined by the Rangers — to be their DH, assuming the [...]
I didn’t come up with that title all my own, FanGraphs did. That doesn’t mean, though, that I’m not going to piggyback the article and add my own thoughts.
To me, the possibility of Lee declining the Yankees might be the most interesting question of the off-season, because there is no obvious Plan B. [...]
Let me preface this by saying that I have zero expectation that the Yankees will sign Adam Dunn. Many have been expecting the Yankees to keep the DH slot open with the idea of rotating catchers Jorge Posada and Jesus Montero through it, along with whichever other [...]
In his Baseball Never Ends post from yesterday, Moshe laid out a rather large list of free agents he thinks the Yankees will, at the very least, be in on. I’m going to examine that list a little more closely and see what each guy could bring to the team.
Derrek Lee: His value [...]
Last week, EJ laid out his argument as to why Cliff Lee is an unnecessary upgrade. I, as many of you do, disagree and I’d like to say why I feel like Lee is a necessary upgrade. I’m not going to cut up EJ’s piece and FJM it or anything, but just give the [...]
As we delve further into the offseason, we’ll be scrutinizing plenty of potential trades and free agent acquisitions. The big names like Carl Crawford or Cliff Lee will certainly surface (again and again). There’ll also be plenty of discussion around cheap, limited-upside filler guys.
In the meantime, let’s take a look at [...]
Let’s face it, Yankee fans: we’ve gotten pretty cocky over the last fifteen years. The team for which we root has won five World Series rings in that time span after essentially dominating baseball in the 20th century. The 21st century hasn’t been unkind to the Yankees, either. Since the turn to the 2000′s, the [...]
Via MLBTR and Chad Jennings, we’ve learned the obvious: the Yankees are seeking a right handed hitting outfield bat for the bench. Reed Johnson was once again mentioned, as was Johnny Gomes. The other name that came up between the two posts was Rocco Baldelli.
Before going too much farther into this, I [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees