Just a few notes and some commentary for Christmas Eve Day Morning:
–The Yankees are “internally discussing Manny Ramirez. As far as discussions go, I can imagine this one went something like this:
Yankee Front Office Guy 1: “Hey wouldn’t it be funny if we signed Manny?”
YFOG 2: “LOL TOTALLY!”
There’s no [...]
I said in my prior post that it wouldn’t be a bad idea, but with the Yankees now using Jorge Posada as the full time DH, there seems to [...]
The market has been literally mute on right handed relief pitcher Jon Rauch. Bill Madden mused about it yesterday, but let’s explore it further.
Rauch has been around since 2002, playing with the White Sox, Expos/Nationals, the Diamondbacks, and the Twins. For his career, Rauch owns a 117 ERA+, a 3.89 FIP, a 1.240 [...]
The Yankees missed out on Kansas City Milwaukee right handed Zack Greinke over the weekend, but there are still some other options out there. The headliner–at least that we know of–is Gavin Floyd. Some could’ve considered Ricky Nolasco the best available pitcher, but he is optimistic about being able to stay with the Marlins. [...]
The Yankees are now set to sign LOOGY Pedro Feliciano to a two year deal, worth $8MM.
I’m more or less okay with this deal, since the money isn’t big and a two year deal isn’t awful, especially since he’ll just be facing lefties. With the way Joe Girardi matches up, though, he could [...]
Yesterday, the Yankees lost out on two bullpen options: Kerry Wood–who signed a “sweetheart” deal with the Cubs–and Bobby Jenks, who signed with the Red Sox for two years. Apparently, the former turned down a more lucrative deal from the White Sox, so it seems like his heart was set on going back to the [...]
One of the small pieces the Yankees need going into the 2011 season is a competent fourth outfielder. Matt Diaz was scooped up by the Pirates and we’ve heard nothing on the Scott Hairston front. Both of those would’ve/would be good options. The Yankees have also apparently inquired on Jerry Hairston, Jr. He can play [...]
Yesterday, we read a bit about the Yankees and Royals not necessarily being good trade partners when it comes to Zack Greinke.
As the article states, this makes sense. Aside from Jesus Montero, the Yankees don’t have much in the way of up-the-middle talent, save for someone like David Adams, but he’s far from [...]
Via George King and Hardball Talk, the Yankees have made an offer to Russell Martin and apparently want him to start if the joins the Bronx Bombers. This is big news.
If true, it apparently signals a shift from the mindset that Jesus Montero was going to get the starting catching job out of [...]
Last night, I posed a bit of a question on Twitter. I asked, if the Yankees sign Russell Martin, which is definitely a possibility, what happens to their current catchers?
Jorge Posada doesn’t count. He’s the DH. I’m sure he’ll see a handful (more maybe a bit more than that) at catcher, but he’s no [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees