According to Jayson Stark of ESPN, the Angels are in “serious discussions” with free agent and former Yankee, Hideki Matsui. Buster Olney adds to the report, claiming that the Angels have offered Matsui a deal worth about $6.5M. If the Angels sign Matsui, he will ultimately assume the role once had by [...]
Right now a number of sources are reporting that John Lackey has taken a physical with the Red Sox. This is said to indicate that the team is close to coming to an agreement with the free agent pitcher. Meanwhile, the Angels have reportedly offered Hideki Matsui a 1yr $6.5 million deal.
Via Buster Olney (ESPN), we learn that in “the early conversations between the Yankees and Johnny Damon’s side, there appears to be a very wide gulf between what the team is willing to pay and what Damon expects to get paid in this winter’s market.” In fact, Jon Heyman (SI) tweets that the [...]
What are these, you may be asking yourself? Why, they’re Nick Johnson’s OBPs from his last four fully healthy seasons (2003, 2005, 2006, 2009). Can you believe the Yankees traded a .422 on-base percentage (in addition to Juan Rivera and Randy Choate) for Javier Vazquez? At [...]
With the Yankees apparently closing in on a deal to acquire All-Star center fielder Curtis Granderson from the Tigers, the question becomes: What will the Yankees do next to complete their outfield. As I see it, they have 4 realistic options.
1) Sign Mike Cameron to play LF, have Melky move to right, and have [...]
Mike has already discussed his desire to see John Lackey in pinstripes, and while that would give the Yankees a very strong top three in the rotation, it also seems unlikely given Lackey’s age, salary demands and the crop of free agent pitchers hitting the market one year from [...]
From Pete Caldera (NJ.com):
“My work’s going to start again tomorrow,” general manager Brian Cashman said outside the home clubhouse early Thursday morning, while players and staff were still celebrating their World Series-clinching victory over Philadelphia in Game 6. “That’s the way it is in the front office.”
Caldera goes on to outline the [...]
I’m not as pessimistic as some viewers of Game 5 (Note from Larry: For the record, I don’t think I was overly pessimistic in my recap — the Phillies spanked the Yankees fair and square, though I still expect the Yankees to win Game 6, as you can see in my last [...]
Via Marc Carig, we learn that Hideki Matsui—not Jorge Posada—will DH in today’s game. For the past 2 days, there had been some debate as to whether or not Posada would DH given his numbers against Angel starter, John Lackey. Girardi’s decision to start Matsui as the DH allows Posada to come in [...]
From Jon Heyman (SI):
The reason Girardi employs Hideki Matsui as his DH over Posada is that Girardi and Yankees higher-ups believe Matsui is a slightly better offensive player. Girardi was merely being diplomatic when he claimed the reason Mastui’s getting the starts at DH over Posada the games that Molina catches is because [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees