Ah, the weirdness of having home field advantage through the first two rounds of the playoffs locked up despite still having regular season games to play while your two primary division rivals duke it out for the Wild Card.
James Shields had his way with the Yankees for seemingly the 8,000th time, coming [...]
If you really sit back and think about it, a Spring Training battle for any position should mean absolutely nothing. Not only is the sample size absurdly small, but the results obtained are against lineups and/or pitching staffs that are either warming up or severely compromised because of split-squads, guys getting eased into things, etc. [...]
With Phil Hughes a late scratch, Hector Noesi pitched admirably in his first career MLB start, throwing 2 2/3 innings of two-run pitch-limited ball, making one mistake to Desmond Jennings, who clubbed a go-ahead two-run home run in the third after the Yankees had taken a surprising 1-0 lead [...]
Hector Noesi has had a very solid first season in Pinstripes, working out of the bullpen to the tune of a 3.42 ERA and 3.60 FIP in 47.1 innings. He has actually been more impressive than those numbers reflect, as he had two terrible outings that skew his numbers drastically. In his other [...]
No, there’s been nothing to my knowledge that suggest this is a possibility, but I think it’s in the back of our minds. During the top of the 7th in last night’s game, friend of the blog Lucas Apostoleris had a suggestion:
You know what? I’m done with A.J. Burnett. [...]
Let’s keep the Mania going and punch Ubaldo Jimenez into one of my favorite tools in all of the baseball internet land: the the Trade Value Calculator from Beyond the Boxscore.
When we punch Ubaldo into there–using his current fWAR and splitting his salary in half for simplicity’s sake–while incorporating the [...]
Safe to say this was not the way the Yankees were hoping to kick off the second half of the season.
Events unfolded about as terribly as one could imagine in Thursday night’s ballgame, as the Blue Jays scored eight times in the first inning and led 9-0 after two. Though the eight first-inning runs [...]
The acrimony over the Hector Noesi situation (I can’t believe I just typed that) has reached its peak lately. In case you haven’t been following the insanity, the argument goes something like this: Hector Noesi is being handled poorly. Instead of being allowed to develop on the major league team, he’s rotting [...]
During the game last night, we heard that the Yankees essentially “poached” pitcher Brian Gordon from the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, the AAA affiliate for the Phillies, so that he could (most likely) start the game for the Bombers on Thursday that is vacated by Bartolo Colon. Gordon had a minor league [...]
Just a few things that ran through my head during the game last night…
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees