To me, the most interesting new name on the 2011 Hall of Fame ballot (which has no shortage of debatable, interesting candidates) is John Franco. His career numbers:
Year Age Tm Lg W L ERA G GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO ERA+ WHIP SO/BB 21 Seasons 90 87 2.89 1119 774 [...]
The 2011 Hall of Fame Ballot was released today. I’ve broken up the candidates into 3 groups: those I think should get in, those who have a case, and those who have no chance. Chime in with your list in the comments. I’ll discuss the borderline candidates in greater detail over the next few weeks.
Both players rank in the top 30. Mussina ranks 24th and Glavine ranks 29th. What I did to further compare them was order [...]
Now, let’s make one thing clear. As a child of the ’80s who grew up loving [...]
For most of the past week ESPN has been running articles selling the Hall of Fame credentials of players like Andre Dawson and Bert Blyleven. Along with Tim Raines, Dawson and Blyleven round out a core of HOF ballot veterans whose careers have put them on the cusp of baseball immortality (except [...]
[image title="b54tNhSk" size="full" id="11987" align="center" ]A lot of very unqualified writers are going to be voting for the Baseball Hall of Fame over the next few months. Unlike the seasonal awards voting process, many of the BBWAA members who vote for the Hall are no longer actively covering the game, and because of this have [...]
This week, we saw two historic achievements by Derek Jeter and Ichiro Suzuki. They got me thinking: which active (and recently retired) players belong in the Hall of Fame? Our era has produced a lot of superstars – more than I realized before I tried to put together a list – and they could start [...]
In the few months that this blog has existed, I have brought up Jorge Posada’s case for the Hall of Fame on a number of occasions. I posted the following from THT:
Jorge Posada may not be the most glamorous offensive player, but his high-OBP, grind-it out game has been a key element in [...]
Kat O’Brien talked to Jorge Posada about his return from last season’s injury:
“I have three more years, counting this year, with the contract,” said Posada, 37. “We’ll see after that. I would like to catch those three years. Obviously, I can’t play first base [with Mark Teixeira there]. I want to prepare myself [...]
Allen Barra from the New York Observer wrote today to do some Derek Jeter questioning. We’ve seen a lot of this recently, mostly centered around his defense at shortstop. While Parra gives us a healthy amount of that, he also throws some of this in:
This will be Jeter’s 14th season (not counting 1995, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees