Cap Anson played primarily for the team that would go on to become the Chicago Cubs in the late 19th century. He was one of the premier players of his era. To modern era eyes his most notable on field accomplishments are his 3,435 hits, his 2,075 RBI and his .334/.394/.447 slash line. [...]
All the votes are in, and when the ballot results are released on January 9th, we’ll finally know if I’ve been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. After much anticipation, and six weeks of long and tedious debates, the Baseball Writers Association of America will finally make their selection, a statement that marks those amongst the greatest and [...]
Right now, a lot of BBWAA members are looking over their Hall of Fame ballots, and deciding who to vote for. With only 10 spots on the ballots for votes, the results this year are certainly going to be interesting. A lot of deserving players will fail to clear the bar, and the [...]
With the quiet lull in place before the burst of energy that marks opening day, its a good time to have one of my favorite baseball discussions. Who makes the Hall of Fame? Let’s supposed that these players retired today, without playing a day in the 2012 season or beyond. Who is in? Active players [...]
As soon as the Super Bowl ended, it was unofficially baseball season. Now that pitchers and catchers have reported, and we’re that much closer to full squads reporting, it’s essentially baseball season. We have the formalities of Spring Training to through, of course, but as soon as the first pitcher or player steps foot in [...]
Not every Hall of Fame voter chooses to disclose their ballot to the public. Following years of scrutiny over bone-headed voting, writers have slowly been pressured to reveal their votes to the public. The BBWAA has put them all in one place for us. Click on the link and you can see how [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Barry Larkin was the only player elected to the Hall of Fame, having being named on 86.4% of all ballots cast. Despite being overlooked over the past two elections, Larkin’s enshrinement was all but ensured heading into the vote. However, there were some [...]
The Hall of Fame results are in, and as expected, Roberto Alomar and Bert Blyleven were elected to the HOF. Here is the final tally (the list got cut off at the end. Surhoff, Boone, and Santiago also got at least one vote):
[image title="Screen shot 2011-01-05 at 2.59.31 PM" size="full" id="24100" align="center" [...]
A few days ago, Mike Vaccaro of the Post made the following comment on Twitter:
1 more on Hall/PED: I think we did way too little to find out what was happening in ’90s, seem way too hellbent on meting out justice now
I think that Vaccaro is right on the money, and a [...]
[image title="Cooperstown1006" size="full" id="23417" align="center" linkto="full" ]Earlier this week, my post on John Franco and the Hall of Fame inspired some great discussion. Posters commented on my opinions and the HOF cases for Trevor Hoffman and Goose Gossage. This topic interests me quite a bit, so I’d like to open it up a bit [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees