Note: This updates an earlier post on the Cliff Lee deal that focused more on Lee’s decision. This one examines the non-deal from the Yankees’ perspective.
This morning’s response from Yankees fans to Cliff Lee’s decision to sign with the Phillies ran the gamut from grief to anger, [...]
Note, 4:19pm: Dave has authored an updated version of this post, available here.
Note: This post was edited at 1:45pm to reflect updated contract information about Lee’s deal with the Phillies. We initially heard that the overall package for Lee was worth $147.5 [...]
The following is a guest post from David Meadvin, who previously penned “A common-sense approach to contracts” and “The Strasburg experience from someone who was there” for Yankeeist.
I’m pleased to present the following guest post from friend-of-the-blog Lenny Vaisman. Lenny’s a die-hard Yankee fan and was actually a semi-regular contributor to my initial foray into Yankee blogging, Save Phil Hughes, posting as HitMan23. Lenny comes to us today with a great (and fairly radical) [...]
If you sell hot dogs for a living, your annual income is tied to the number of hot dogs you sell. If you’re a taxi driver, your income depends on how many [...]
Whoa, wasn’t expecting this. I’d submitted my Alex Rodriguez power outage piece to Fangraphs last week, the day before I published it on Yankeeist. As I hadn’t heard anything back, I assumed they decided not to go with it.
Well apparently they liked it, because now it’s [...]
My friends at River Ave. Blues have been kind enough to provide a bully pulpit platform for me to explain Why The Wave Doesn’t Belong at Yankee Stadium, so please head on over there and check my guest post out.
The RAB guys — in addition to being [...]
Here’s a quick recap of my day at Nationals Park: First of all, it was a classic baseball day. Great [...]
The following is a guest post from huge Yankee fan and friend of Yankeeist Eric Mollo. Mollo previously bantered with me last October about whether it made sense for Joe Girardi to keep starting Jose Molina in the playoffs.
Hold your horses. I will be the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees