The most surprising thing ever happened on Monday night, and by most surprising I mean least surprising thing in American history, as the Yankees got completely shut down by a Pitcher They’ve Never Seen Before™ for the approximately 800 millionth time over the last two seasons.
I’m sorry, but there’s just no excuse for a [...]
The Cleveland Indians have been in first place in the AL Central since their sixth game of the season, despite the fact that neither their offense (.324 team wOBA, which is pretty good in the current depressed 2011 hitting environment, but nothing extraordinary) or pitching staff (a middling 3.89 team ERA, 7th-best in the AL) [...]
Bartolo Colon got through the first five innings relatively unscathed (save a first-inning solo Jose Baustista, which happens) before giving up five runs in the sixth inning, which wound being plenty for the Blue Jays, who beat the Yankees 7-3 Monday night.
True to form, the Yankees couldn’t do much of anything [...]
So this wasn’t quite “Yankees get shut down by rookie they’ve never faced before,” but it was pretty close, given that the Yankees managed to muster up one measly run against the Orioles across the first fourteen innings of this game.
Thankfully, the Yankees finally prevailed in the 15th — their first 15-plus inning game [...]
The Yanks and O’s meet for the third time this season, though the teams have only been able to play four of the six games they were previously scheduled for, with the Yankees taking all four contests. Unfortunately there’s rain in the forecast once again, and it’s possible tonight’s game will be rained out by [...]
In his series preview, Larry suggested that the unknown Chicago starter, Philip Humber, whom the Yankees had never faced before, would no-hit the Bombers over nine innings. Larry is prone to exaggeration. Instead, Humber limited the Yankees to one hit over seven innings. If not for a seventh inning single from [...]
Last Wednesday we took a look at some of the positive storylines that emerged from the Yankees’ 2010 season. Unfortunately, with the good comes the bad, and while we’ll try to refrain from being too morose, any analysis of the Yankee season wouldn’t be complete without harping on some [...]
Last week we took a look at starters the Yankees have faced who don’t crack 90mph with their fastballs. Sometime Yankee contributor Skip subsequently encouraged me (or perhaps more appropriately, berated me) to delve further into the data:
“Larry, I just read your 90-mph pitcher post, and you’re [...]
If there’s one topic I’ve potentially spilled more digital ink on than the Yankees getting beaten by pitchers they’ve never seen before/starters making their Major League debuts, it would be the team seemingly routinely getting shutdown by starting pitchers with fastballs that top out around 89-90mph, pinpoint control [...]
I was debating titling this post something along the lines of “Offensive woes continue” or “Nightmarish August continues for Yankee offense” and then realized that “Offensive” summed the current situation up pretty well. Plus, at the rate the Yankees aren’t scoring runs, I can only imagine I’ll be able to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees