In last night’s Open Thread, Steve asked us to complete the following sentence: “If George was still alive….” My response was as follows:
“….he’d probably wonder why people forgot that he was basically all bark and no bite once he came back from suspension, and would be baffled by the fact that [...]
Seemingly every time a baseball team is on the brink of being sold we start hearing a lot about Mark Cuban. The 52-year-old billionaire is the owner of the perennially successful Dallas Mavericks, a team which he transformed from a league doormat to a top Western Conference talent. While he’s widely known for his antics [...]
Courtesy of Mike Schriner, here’s a recent blog post from his mother, Mary Jane Schriner, a freelance writer for the New York Times and published author who recently wrote a story for the paper recalling her friendship with Yankees owner George Steinbrenner.
The post shares that Steinbrenner asked Mary Jane to burn the [...]
It was announced on Monday that the Veteran’s Committee did not elect George Steinbrenner to the Baseball Hall of Fame. The Boss received fewer than eight votes on the ballot, well shy of the 12 needed for enshrinement. This vote was a farce. [...]
The Yankees have played nine games at Tropicana Field this season and have averaged 4.2 runs per game. The Yankees have played six games against the Rays at home this season and have scored 6.5 runs per game. Caveats about hitters’/pitchers’ parks, small samples and a given team’s home/road splits [...]
Very eventful week in Yankeeland, let’s just knock this one out bullet-point style
-Really touching [...]
A scheduling conflict meant that I couldn’t actually watch this game, and it was a classic. I found myself getting up repeatedly during an important dinner to find reception for my phone or catch a score update on ESPN by the bar. The Yankees won the first home game they played after the passing [...]
Like many Yankee fans, I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of George Steinbrenner today. Though no one can consider the news a surprise, given the reports of his dwindling health during the last few years, it’s still a tremendous loss as we say goodbye to one [...]
Larry, MJR, and I will wax poetic about what the Boss meant to us later on, but we here at Yankeeist would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the Steinbrenners, and the entire Yankee Universe. Ever the polarizing figure, one thing about George Steinbrenner could not be ignored: he [...]
According to multiple sources, George Steinbrenner has been transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa. The report is that he has suffered a massive heart attack and is believed to be in serious condition. More info as it comes in…
UPDATE, 9:30 AM
Bay News 9 had reported that Steinbrenner had passed away, but [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees