The Yankees beat the Twins 8-4 Friday night in a pretty crazy game that saw the lead change hands four times and seemed on the verge of getting out of hand early as A.J. Burnett’s control completely vanished in the second inning.
Burnett inexcusably issued a bases loaded [...]
Apparently winning a series at Fenway Park in April for the first time since 1975 wasn’t enough, as last night they picked up [...]
My dad is the best man in the history of the world. I know everyone says that about their dads, but he really is the greatest. He’s also the reason I’m the ravenous Yankee fan I am today as well as why I’ve been incredibly fortunate to attend roughly [...]
I already sort of did this post, but given that everyone loves reminiscing around the new year, what better time than now to recall some of my favorite moments from a fantastic Yankee regular season?
April 18, 2009: Yankees lose to Cleveland 22-4. This was obviously [...]
Right before the 2009 playoffs started I discussed the Yankee playoff games I’d attended. Given that this past October saw five more added to my ledger, I thought it’d be fun to update the original post.
Year Game Opponent Starters Outcome 1995 ALDS 2 Seattle Pettitte v. Benes W, [...]
New Yankee Stadium will never be like old Yankee Stadium, no matter how badly people want it to be, and those who do would best be served keeping that in mind when trying to quantify “how loud the crowd was” at a given postseason game.
It’s already been established [...]
A.J. Burnett picked one heck of a time to have the best start of his Yankee career, tossing seven strong innings of one run ball as the Yankees beat the Phillies 3-1 in Game 2 of the World Series to even the series at one game apiece.
Burnett (9 [...]
For 8 innings tonight, Cliff Lee looked poised to throw the second straight World Series shutout at Yankee Stadium. As it was, the utterly dominant Lee (complete game, 1R, 0ER, 6H, 0BB, 10K) extended the Yankees’ World Series scoreless streak to 17 straight innings until the home nine broke through [...]
The Yankees beat the Angels 4-3 in the bottom of the 13th of Game 2 of the ALCS on a Melky Cabrera walk-off groundout-turned-bizarre-error by Angels’ second baseman Maicer Izturis, which allowed Jerry Hairston to score the winning run on what was essentially a fielder’s choice gone bad.
On the five-year anniversary of the Yankees’ last ALCS victory and the sixth anniversary of the Aaron Boone walkoff home run, the Yankees beat the Angels in Game 1 of the 2009 American League Championship Series 4-1, behind a stellar outing from starter Carsten Charles Sabathia.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees