Some recent twitter conversation with traitorous backstabber old buddy Moshe Mandel about the state of the free agent market for pitchers made it pretty clear to me that the Yankees should offer arbitration to Freddy Garcia this offseason. A certain photoshop-loving site made the case for not offering arbitration, saying essentially that Garcia’s [...]
A big part of the success of the 2011 Yankees is due to Brian Cashman, Billy Eppler, and the rest of the organization finding the proverbial diamonds in the rough to fill roster holes. To borrow from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, the Yankees took a trip to the Island of Misfit Toys and came [...]
The tone of the second game of the Yankees-Tigers 2011 ALDS was set almost immediately, as Miguel Cabrera blasted an opposite field two-run home run with two outs in the top of the 1st inning off Freddy Garcia, and the Yankees would end up playing behind the entire game, ultimately
You know the drill. Let’s run down some of the Yankee pitchers and see how they did compared to their projections.
To say this rotation was a surprise would be an understatement in the extreme. Coming into the 2011 season, it was easily the weakest part of the team. Despite that, the Yankee starters [...]
If you really sit back and think about it, a Spring Training battle for any position should mean absolutely nothing. Not only is the sample size absurdly small, but the results obtained are against lineups and/or pitching staffs that are either warming up or severely compromised because of split-squads, guys getting eased into things, etc. [...]
Maybe this is a post better saved for when the season actually ends, but I think a lot of these things are worth noting right now.
Regardless of how the postseason goes, when I think back to the 2011 regular season, the first thing I’ll think of is surprise. I didn’t think the Yankees [...]
As a blogger, I have to spill a lot of internet ink almost every day. Most of the time I write, I’m writing in retrospect; I’m analyzing some situation that’s already happened or some numbers that are indicative of past events. Naturally, a lot of predictions flow from this. If I notice a certain trend, [...]
Chris Carpenter has apparently re-signed with the St. Louis Cardinals, inking a 2 year, 21 million dollar extension that will likely keep him a Redbird through the end of his career. This is significant for the Yankees, as it takes another solid option out of the mix from a free agent market [...]
In a game that started out all too familiarly with the Angels riding cheap hit after cheap hit to a 2-0 first inning, 3-1 third inning and 5-2 4th inning — although in fairness four of their five runs came via the home run, but in true Angels fashion even the home runs were annoying [...]
The Yankees rode a Mark Teixeira double, a Nick Swisher two-run home run and six innings of one-run ball (4 Ks, 1 BB) from Freddy Garcia in a crisp 3-2 win over Baltimore Monday night, splitting the weekend’s four-game set. Alfredo Simon was the tough-luck loser, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees