One of the trickiest areas to address this off season is the Yankee Catcher position. As we all saw during the ALDS, an aggressive base running team like the Rangers can expose the Yankee defensive deficiencies and is a major problem in the playoffs. It’s becoming generally accepted that 39 year old Jorge Posada [...]
As I like to do every season, I’m going to compare the Yankee players’ theoretical fWAR dollars to their actual salaries and see which players gave the Yankees the most value and which players drained the most money. We’ll do batters today and pitchers tomorrow.
We’ll do the list in WAR order (nine highest), then [...]
Francisco Cervelli has long been the whipping boy for Yankee fans. It’s not really his fault: he’s a backup catcher, and good hitting backup catchers are hard to come by unless you’re the Cincinnati Reds, so perhaps the biggest problem with Cervelli is that he’s gotten so much playing time this season. Cervelli’s year has [...]
A recent piece in Joel Sherman’s Hardball blog gives me a good jumping off point to discuss the Yankee catching situation in light of the recent 4 steal 9th inning. Joel is frustrating as a writer because his reporting can be so good, and his analysis ranges from thoughtful and insightful to [...]
In yesterday’s recap, Larry provided several convincing reasons why Yankee fans shouldn’t hit the big red panic button quite yet despite relatively dismal performances against the Orioles and Rangers. However, the Yankees do have some concerns that could prove critical in the playoffs.
One such concern includes the defensive play (or lack thereof) by [...]
The Rangers walked off on the Yankees for the second straight night, winning 7-6 in one of the stranger games I can recall in recent memory. This one featured an hour rain delay, eight strikeouts by the Yankee offense through the first four innings, continued offensive ineptitude, ridiculous overmanaging [...]
Steve Lombardi checks in with an interesting idea about next season’s roster construction:
And, then, at the big league level, have a “catching rotation” that works like this:
Game 1: Posada catches, Montero is the DH, and Cervelli sits.
Game 2: Montero catches, Posada is the DH, and Cervelli sits.
Game 3: [...]
While driving home from my first class of the Fall Semester last night, I listened to part of the game on the radio. As I passed Exit 19 on the southbound, Ramiro Pena knocked in Jorge Posada to give the Yankees six runs. Right before he did that, everyone’s favorite radio whipping boy and whipping [...]
A day after a contest that saw 30 combined hits and 21 runs scored, the Yankees and White Sox engaged in a classic pitcher’s duel, with the Yankees emerging victorious 2-1. If you’d told me prior to this [...]
I don’t like that…
–Nick Swisher, not including last night’s game which is still going on, has a walk rate under 6% in the second half and has walked just six times. That ~8% jump in O-Swing% may be starting to catch up with him.
–Brett Gardner has a .501 OPS in the second half. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees