The Yankees concluded the 2010 regular season with their ugliest stretch of play of the year, beginning the month in sole possession of first place before ultimately falling out for good on the second-to-last Friday of the season en route to a 13-17 in September/October, the team’s only losing month [...]
At the present moment, only two pitchers in the American League have a higher WAR than Jon Lester and his jaw-dropping 4.2: Francisco Liriano (5.1!) and Cliff Lee (4.3).
Before I go too much further, I have to admit that I’ve been a huge Lester fan [...]
On Friday we looked at the 2010 Yankees’ projected wOBAs through the four available projection systems, and today we’ll take a quick look at the projected starting rotation using FIP.
The usual caveats apply here with the FIP projections — some of the older projections — James [...]
Stat geeks rejoice, as a fourth major projection system, TangoTiger’s Marcel, has released its 2010 numbers, joining Bill James’, which has been around since the 2009 season ended; Replacement Level’s SG’s CAIRO system; and Sean Smith’s CHONE projections.
Now that we have four systems to compare, we may [...]
So with the Yankees blogospohere talking about the best of the decade, I thought it would be fun to talk about the worst of the decade. I went ahead and found the worst offensive seasons for positional players on the Yankees in the [...]
I rely pretty heavily on statistical analysis for many of my critiques of the Yankees, and a couple of my less-statistically-minded readers have asked me to define and/or clarify the acronyms that are frequently tossed around at Yankeeist.
I’ve been worshiping at the sabermetric altar for as long as I’ve [...]
To the surprise of no one, the Yankees resigned Andy Pettitte for the 2010 season, inking the big lefty to an $11.75 million contract.
As it stands today, the Yankees’ 2010 rotation is as follows:
2009 FIP 2010 Projected FIP LHP CC Sabathia 3.39 3.44 RHP A.J. Burnett 4.33 [...]
Prior to the Yankees taking down title #27 last Wednesday night, it had only been nine years since the Yankees last won the World Series, but boy, did it ever feel like ages ago.
When the Yankees beat the Mets in 2000 I was a sophomore in college, and [...]
Last year, I couldn’t help but be a little bit captivated by the whole Rays phenomenon. I was a believer from even before the season started, though I admit to thinking they’d hit some kind of prolonged dry spell some time during the season that they never actually hit. They were an easy team to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees