It seems like the Yankees have to make the trek up to Fenway Park in April every season, and indeed, the Bombers have had a tilt at Fenway in April during six of the last eight years. This is rather unfortunate, as for whatever reason they have a tendency to play some of their worst [...]
The Yankees actually won a FOX Saturday Afternoon Game of Death at Fenway — which almost never happens — 6-5 in extra innings, but lost the finale 7-6, also in extra innings, concluding a very long day of baseball in Boston. While ordinarily it’d be hard to complain [...]
After these last two games I’m not sure I could handle a hypothetical Yankees-Rays American League Championship Series. The Yankees beat the Rays 8-7 in 10 innings in a game that felt like one of those classic Emotionally Decimating Mid-Aughts Yankees vs. Red Sox seesaw contests at Fenway Park.
Loyal readers will recall the analysis we did just before the season began of how the Yankees have fared at Fenway Park since 2003. And even loyaler (probably not a word) readers will remember that I despise having to watch the Yankees play the Red Sox at Fenway Park [...]
The first game of 2010 is in the books. The results for the Yankees were the same as they were in 2009. Now is a convenient time to mention that the Yankees lost the first two games of the 2009 season, and they lost a bunch at the start [...]
This one started out in such promising fashion, too. Despite jumping out to a 5-1 lead behind their ace, CC Sabathia finally gave way in the sixth inning and the Yankee bullpen couldn’t hold a lead to save its life in the first game of the year, losing 9-7 [...]
I’ll admit I’m a bit unhealthily obsessed with the way the Yankees play baseball at Fenway Park, although I’m pretty sure it’s par for the course for most Yankee fanatics. Maybe it’s because every time the Yankees play the Sox at Fenway on the Saturday afternoon game on Fox [...]
Boston sure has kept busy this winter, eh? The Sox have signed Adrian Beltre to a one-year, $9 million deal with a player option.
I can only imagine playing at Fenway Park and donning the fabled and famed home whites of the Boston nine will instantly [...]
CC Sabathia threw 6 2/3 innings last night, giving up 3 ER on 8 hits while capturing his league-leading 15th win. He walked 0 and struck out 8. Although CC labored in the Fenway finale, tossing 118 pitches to Jose Molina, he was hurt by a couple of defensive miscues from Robinson Cano (one [...]
Was it really a surprise to anyone that the Yankees lost yesterday afternoon’s contest at Fenway? Despite Friday evening’s incredibly pleasing shellacking, Saturday’s outcome seemed predetermined, especially when you consider that the Yankees now have a sterling 6-10 record in Saturday afternoon games in Boston dating back to the beginning of the 2003 season. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees