During this off week we’ve spent a couple of posts looking at the 2011 Yankees’ splits and how they’ve performed compared to the league and themselves during the last few seasons; in this piece I want to take a more straightforward look at how the Yankees are doing in a select group of offensive and [...]
Yesterday, Fangraphs completed its always interesting and often controversial organizational rankings list. It is not a list of how well these teams will do in the coming season, but rather, an examination of overall organizational strength. This year, the ranking methodology was tweaked slightly, with future talent, present talent, financial resources, and baseball operations ranked [...]
A few weeks ago, I noted that the various freely available defensive metrics were all over the map when it came to measuring the glove-work of Robinson Cano. The variation in all of those metrics is illustrative of the still nascent nature of defensive metrics, and suggests that relying entirely on one [...]
Not sure what’s in the water over there, but it seems like every time I visit FanGraphs they (a) have a new writer; (b) said new writer is delivering incredibly interesting content in multiple parts; and (c) they’re knocking pretty much everything out of the park.
The following nonet of pieces caught my eye, and [...]
Dave Cameron was kind enough to accept my Alex Rodriguez piece from yesterday as a Community Research submission, and in case you missed it or just want to see what a Yankeeist post looks like over at FanGraphs, click here.
Dave Cameron thinks so:
In fact, if we look at his underlying numbers, the decline doesn’t appear to be that dramatic at all.
BB%: 8.1%, 9.0%
K%: 15.6%, 16.9%
ISO: .109, .140
He’s both walking and striking out a little less than his overall career averages, and while his power [...]
Joba Chamberlain seems to be on his last legs, if not as a Yankee, then perhaps with the big league club for a while. For the first time since he made his debut in 2007, the team appears willing to deal the young pitcher. The ever-loyal Joe Girardi has even turned against [...]
With the Rays coming to town for a series that I believe will set the tone for the Yankees’ second half, now seems like a good time to examine the seasons Carl Crawford and Brett Gardner are having. Most Yankeeist readers will remember from the preseason that the Yankees were said to [...]
Whoa, wasn’t expecting this. I’d submitted my Alex Rodriguez power outage piece to Fangraphs last week, the day before I published it on Yankeeist. As I hadn’t heard anything back, I assumed they decided not to go with it.
Well apparently they liked it, because now it’s [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees