The Yankees have won eight consecutive games coming into today’s matinee against the Nationals. All good things must come to an end but there is no reason why the team can’t make it nine straight wins. Incredible starting pitching has fueled the Yankee surge. Ironically, CC Sabathia has probably been the team’s worst starter during [...]
Monday appeared as if it was the day we’d finally find out the new DH in 2012. Buster Olney reported late afternoon, that the decision between Raul Ibanez, Johnny Damon, or Hideki Matsui would be made by the end of the week. Ken Rosenthal followed up with [...]
Ownership could not have made circumstances more obvious, that last year’s Rafael Soriano signing was a panic move. Cashman admitted that the Steinbrenners and Randy Levine overruled him at Soriano’s very own press conference, and Hank later stated,
“People are missing the point; we didn’t get Lee but we got the [...]
Cautious. Frugal. Patient. Prudent. There are plenty of adjectives one might use to describe the Yankees strategy this off-season but each inevitably leads to the same conclusion: Brian Cashman is taking the 75 million dollars the Angels gave to CJ Wilson, and the 100 plus million dollars the Rangers will probably plop down for [...]
What a player gives is what the team gets. Sure, that’s a fairly obvious statement that’s likely too broad a generalization. There is more nuance to it, both on the SABR side (marginal value of a win) and the more traditional side (chemistry, etc.), but let’s take a look at the statement at its face [...]
January 2nd was a busy day for the Yankees…in terms of things that probably aren’t going to happen. We heard multiple reports that the the Yankees are unlikely to bring in Edwin Jackson because of budgetary reasons. We also heard (in that same link) that the asking Price for [...]
Yesterday, Ken Davidoff of Newsday floated out six options the Yankees could employ to improve the rotation. Let’s take a look and make some comments.
His first option was trading for Felix Hernandez. He knows it’s not going to happen. We know it’s not going to happen. Let’s just move [...]
Despite the hopes of many Yankee fans, there was no surprise huge bid for Yu Darvish from the Yankee brass. Instead, to the devastation of the Blue Jay faithful (and the cult of personality surrounding GM Alex Anthopoulos) the 25 year-old ace will be swaggering on down to Texas, assuming the Rangers can [...]
As I write this (8:40 PM on Wednesday night) it looks very unlikely that the Yankees are going to get Yu Darvish. We’ve also heard relatively little on the trade front except that the prices of two Yankee target–John Danks and Gio Gonzalez–are exorbitant. The White Sox [...]
Edwin Jackson, the forgotten upcoming free agent.
I’ve never been a huge fan of Edwin Jackson, honestly. I [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees