With Phil Hughes a late scratch, Hector Noesi pitched admirably in his first career MLB start, throwing 2 2/3 innings of two-run pitch-limited ball, making one mistake to Desmond Jennings, who clubbed a go-ahead two-run home run in the third after the Yankees had taken a surprising 1-0 lead [...]
The Yankees expect Eric Chavez back today and that means they will have to make a roster move at some point. The obvious move is to send Brandon Laird back to Scranton so he can play every day while Chavez and Eduardo Nunez split time at third. If the [...]
We talk a lot about process and results when it comes to baseball. Obviously, the process is what you do and the results are what happens as a result of the process. The term can be applied a few ways.
We can apply the term when we talk about trades. A trade can be [...]
We all thought we were done with every day Eduardo Nunez, huh? Well, with third baseman Alex Rodriguez out for 4-6 weeks following successful surgery, we’re going to see Nunez every day, just like he did when he filled in for Derek Jeter during the captain’s DL stint. The [...]
Hope everyone’s enjoying the Fourth of July safely! Anyway, onto the events of the weekend.
1. Way to go, Bartolo Colon! I didn’t get to watch any of this because I was with friends for the day, but everything about the start just sounds fantastic. 6 IP, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 [...]
Bartolo Colon picked things up right where he left off when he was put on the DL with a strained hamstring. In six innings of work, Colon threw 80 pitches — which was his target for the day — allowing no runs, striking out six, walking none and giving up just five hits. [...]
Right now, Derek Jeter is on pace to rejoin the Yankees on Monday. The Yankees will have a choice, though I’m not sure they’ll consider it so, on whom to option back to AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre. Jeter will obviously take his spot back at shortstop (and atop the Yankee lineup) leaving one [...]
Both local and national writers have discussed Eduardo Nunez a bit in the last few days. He’s taking over at shortstop while Derek Jeter spends two weeks on the disabled list and we’ve heard that this period is a showcase for Nunez, a time for him to prove himself. But there [...]
For the second straight evening the Yankees won a 12-4 laugher against the Rangers, although unlike Tuesday night it didn’t get that way until midway through the game. The Rangers actually held two leads in the early going, but the Yankees battled back, and were able to add seven more runs to the 5-4 [...]
What’s going to happen if Jorge Posada continues to struggle? Throw away the mental stuff from this weekend for a second and let’s talk purely physical struggles. If the hits don’t start falling, there’s no way the Yankees can justify running him out there every day. I have to acknowledge this weekend, though, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees