Here are a few quick news items on the day:
After some speculation earlier in the year, Derek Jeter confirmed that he wants to be an owner one day. Since being released by the Yankees, the Mets, Dodgers, and D-Backs have checked in on Chad Gaudin. According to team GM, [...]
Good Monday afternoon, everyone! How are we all today? Today, I’d like to shift our focus away from the Yankees, and get a little more broad in our view of baseball. For this post–I’ll do one for each division–I’m going to focus on the NL West and list one player on each team upon whom [...]
According to MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick, last week, the Dodgers observed the rehabbing Chien-Ming Wang as he threw off flat ground and, needless to say, they were not too impressed by the results. Gurnick says that Joe Torre’s club believes Wang is “three months or more away from pitching in a game,” meaning that [...]
Sanspo has gotten a hold of Yusei Kikuchi’s meeting schedule over the rest of the month, leading up to the draft. Here’s the breakdown:
Oct 16: meetings with Hanshin, Seibu, and Orix
Oct 17: Chunichi, Yakult, Nippon Ham, Chiba Lotte, Hiroshima, Rakuten and others
Oct 19: begin meeting with [...]
Aroldis Chapman, the Cuban defector considered to be one of the top pitching prospects in the world, petitioned Major League Baseball for free-agency status recently and is likely only weeks from becoming a free agent, according to his agent.
Early Monday, Chapman’s representatives announced that the left-hander has established residency in Andorra, [...]
The MLB has released team schedules today and, after a quick once over, it looks like the Yankees will have quite the 2010 season. While the year will begin and end with play in Boston—let’s hope that we win this year and can rub it in their faces at Fenway—one of the stories that [...]
Via Marc Carig, we learn that the Yankees have acquired Freddy Guzman (not Christian Guzman) from the Orioles for a PTBNL. Guzman’s wheels appear to be his best asset, as his offense is extremely limited (I use that phrase kindly). Carig notes that Guzman will head to Scranton.
Also, from Jon Heyman, [...]
After Robinson Cano’s disappointing 2008 season, over the winter months, there was much ado about trading Cano to the Dodgers. Chad Billingsley and Clayton Kershaw were two names that were often thrown around as the Yankees were said to be open to dealing Cano, but would only do so for high-ceiling [...]
The Dodgers have reportedly offered Manny Ramirez a 1-year, $25 million deal with a 48-hour window in which to accept or reject the offer. This would allow Manny to head into free agency, yet again, after the ’09 season. Of course, the Yankees will be looking for a DH at that time, too. Hmmm…
From Jayson Stark (ESPN):
Hard as Joe Torre tries to spin his thoughts about Alex Rodriguez, we’ve heard from multiple sources that when A-Rod was a free agent last offseason, Torre advised the Dodgers not to touch him.
Well, have fun with… Casey Blake (oh, he’s “gritty”). Too bad Joe didn’t talk them out [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees