Last season I visited a friend of mine in Ann Arbor. While I was there my buddy Josh and I saw all four games the Yankees played in Detroit in 2010. It was a miserable series for the Bombers. Apart from an explosion in the top of the 9th inning in the [...]
During last week’s live chat, friend-of-the-site Jeff G. inquired as to who I expected to overachieve and underachieve in 2011. At the time, I hastily replied that the Athletics and Brewers could qualify as overachieving candidates. As for the underachievers, I went with the Orioles; despite some their [...]
Though Rick Porcello started strongly — bringing to mind his ridiculous performance against the Yankees back in May — things began to go south for the soft-tossing righthander in the 4th as the Yankees tied the game at two, and then promptly blew up in his face in [...]
The Yankees and Tigers combined for six home runs last night but Detroit wound up on the short end of the stick, losing to New York 9-5. Mark Teixeira got things going early with a two-run bomb in the first inning, Robinson Cano followed that up with [...]
Not to mention the fact that I’ve been mulling plunking down the $200 or so for an authentic Majestic Yankees road jersey, only I wasn’t entirely certain who I wanted to spend that much money on. Of course the answer’s been in front of me the entire time.
I was debating titling this post something along the lines of “Offensive woes continue” or “Nightmarish August continues for Yankee offense” and then realized that “Offensive” summed the current situation up pretty well. Plus, at the rate the Yankees aren’t scoring runs, I can only imagine I’ll be able to [...]
The Yankees and Tigers last squared off in mid-May, with Yankeeist’s own MJR catching all four games in Detroit while visiting a friend. Unfortunately for Mike he not only saw the Yankees lose three times but bore witness to the horror of the Bombers inexplicably being shutout twice [...]
The Yankees were shutout for the second time in three games, losing to the Tigers 6-0 on Thursday afternoon and also losing only their second series of the year, three games to one.
Several hours after their league-leading offense was shutout by the team with the fourth-most potent offense in the American League, the Yankees returned the favor, blowing the Tigers out 8-0. Of course, the game was a good deal closer than that up until the ninth inning, when the Yankees [...]
Apparently Rick Porcello was struggling prior to his start against the Yankees on Wednesday afternoon. You’d never have known — unless you were unfortunately stuck listening to John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman call the game — given the way he flat-out destroyed the Yankees, tossing 7 innings of shutout ball [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees