For previous TYA 2011 ALDS Preview pieces, please see the following:
We touched on the Tigers’ offense yesterday and noted how Miguel [...]
I hate this question. However, it’s an inevitable one that baseball fans will continue to ask because until you know who your team’s postseason opponent is there isn’t really much else one can do aside from debate whether one team would be “preferable” to the other.
The reason I hate this question is because there’s [...]
Thanks for all of your submissions, folks. Please keep them coming; we’ll certainly address each email as quickly as possible! To submit, simply click the “Contact Us” tab under the site’s banner and send us your thoughts.
TYA reader, Travis, writes, “I would like to see how the Curtis Granderson trade has played [...]
Though they do get to face Brad Penny, who they teed off on in his first start of the season, and whose return to the American League has, to put it delicately, not gone so well.
In any event, the Yankees (16-9, 1st in the AL East) are at Detroit (12-16, 3rd in [...]
The Yankees lost an ugly one 10-7 to the Tigers on Sunday. Hitting was the order of the day. The two teams had a combined seven homers in a windy one in the Bronx. The Yankees trailed the entire game, despite putting up seven runs against poor Detroit pitching. That’s because Yankee pitching was worse [...]
Starting lineups for today’s game, first pitch at 1:05 on YES, with the Yankees going for the 3 game sweep to start the season:
After an awful 2010 followed by an improved spring training in which Yankee fans were cautiously optimistic about new pitching coach Larry Rothschild‘s tweaking of the enigmatic righthander’s mechanics, all eyes were on A.J. Burnett entering Saturday afternoon’s start. Burnett wasn’t great, but he was serviceable enough, throwing 5 innings of [...]
So that felt pretty good.
The Yankees beat the Tigers 6-3 on Thursday afternoon, marking their 11th consecutive Opening Day victory at home, but perhaps more importantly, the team’s first Opening Day victory since Chien-Ming Wang beat Roy Halladay in 2008. CC Sabathia (6 IP, 6H, 3R, 2 [...]
The New York Yankees kick off their 2011 season against the Detroit Tigers this afternoon in the Bronx at 1pm.
Mike previewed the Tigers back at the beginning of March, ultimately concluding that he didn’t feel that the 2011 team would be much better than its 2010 incarnation. I’d say that’s a fairly accurate [...]
Fifth and penultimate post in the series.
In 2008 and 2009, the A.L. Central produced a one game playoff. 2010 saw a more uneventful finish to the season, as the Twins won the division easily, besting the White Sox by [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees