Tigers end Yanks’ season for second time in six years, win 2011 ALDS three games to two.
The 2011 Yankees were a great offensive team, posting the third-best wOBA in MLB (.346) and tying for the second-best wRC+ (113) in the league. In the most important game of the season, the team that [...]
Matt already previewed Ivan Nova and Doug Fister, tonight’s do-or-die ALDS Game 5 starters, in his preview piece last weekend, so rather than rehash all that, let’s recap what these two pitchers did last Saturday night:
6.1IP, 2ER (though they were inherited runners Luis Ayala was [...]
In perhaps the most unanticipated turn of events in a year full of them, with the Yankees’ season on the line A.J. Burnett pitched better than anyone could have reasonably expected, going 5 2/3 innings and giving up just one run to the Detroit Tigers, leading the Yankees to a 10-1 blowout [...]
It’s the matchup that no one wanted to see! Thanks to mother nature, the Yankees and Tigers both get to trot out starters they were likely hoping they could keep glued to the bench in what could be the Yankees’ last game of the season, as A.J. Burnett and Rick Porcello [...]
I know I’ve seen this movie somewhere before. The Yankees are playing the Tigers in a five-game first-round playoff series. The Yankees win the first game in blowout fashion. Rain interferes with the schedule, changing Game 2 from a night game to a day game. The Yanks drop a close one at home in the [...]
Being that I already wrote a CC Sabathia-Justin Verlander preview, there’s no sense in rehashing the entire thing, so just click here if you need a refresher. The primary aspect of the initial preview post that changes is that they’re not at Yankee Stadium anymore, which probably slightly favors Verlander, [...]
The tone of the second game of the Yankees-Tigers 2011 ALDS was set almost immediately, as Miguel Cabrera blasted an opposite field two-run home run with two outs in the top of the 1st inning off Freddy Garcia, and the Yankees would end up playing behind the entire game, ultimately
Note: This was obviously written prior to Friday’s rainout, and so you’ll have to disregard anything about Garcia pitching on the road and Scherzer at home.
Game 1 of the 2011 ALDS resumed Saturday night following Friday night’s postponement after 1.5 innings, and it looked like the Yankees were going to get to Detroit starter Doug Fister immediately, as Jorge Posada and Russell Martin ripped back-to-back hits to lead off the bottom of the second. [...]
Welcome to the fifth and final installment of TYA’s 2011 ALDS Series Preview (at least, final before the ALDS actually starts), in which we’ll be taking a look at a few specific factors that could influence how the series plays out. If you haven’t already done so, please see TYA’s previous playoff preview posts:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees