Before I get into this, my first post at The Yankee Analysts, I’d like to thank everyone here for giving me this opportunity and for welcoming me so fully to the team. I have accepted this position knowing that TYA is not only among the best Yankees blogs on the internet, but among the best [...]
Though I didn’t watch the show, it did get me thinking. All three of the outfielders mentioned in that article, Reggie Jackson; Bernie Williams; and Paul O’Neill, are some of the finest the Yankees have had in the post DH era. Back when this blog was still (partially) The Yankee U, [...]
Good Monday morning, TYA readers! If you’re a Jets or Giants fan, I assume you’re still trying to wash the taste of yesterday out of your mouth. To help, here’s some frivolity, projecting how many runs the Yankees could score in 2012. We’ll be using the Lineup Analysis tool from Baseball [...]
About two weeks ago Albert Pujols and the Angels shocked the baseball universe with the news that the perennial MVP was changing teams, coasts and leagues for a tidy $254 million. Everyone knows that Albert has 254 million excellent reasons to make this move, but the Angels’ motivations were murkier. Pujols is [...]
The other day, I ran through some pitcher projections. Yesterday, I stumbled across this simple WAR calculator from Wahoo’s on First. Using that, let’s project the WARs (not doing any trades, so we can’t add ‘em up, you guys) and get nuts. For the appropriate projected numbers, [...]
Thanks for all of your submissions, folks. Please keep them coming; we’ll certainly address each email as quickly as possible! To submit a question, simply click the “Contact Us” tab under the site’s banner and send us your thoughts. Today’s question involves some serious offseason roster reconstruction.
“Everybody has accepted that Derek Jeter’s [...]
To say 2011 was a roller coaster type season for Derek Jeter would be a massive understatement. It started way back in 2010 when his contract expired and we endured months of relatively contentious negotiations between Jeter and the Yankee organization, that ultimately ended in a nice contract for [...]
In perhaps the most unanticipated turn of events in a year full of them, with the Yankees’ season on the line A.J. Burnett pitched better than anyone could have reasonably expected, going 5 2/3 innings and giving up just one run to the Detroit Tigers, leading the Yankees to a 10-1 blowout [...]
These numbers are accurate as of the start of yesterday’s game because I wrote this last night (as I type, Jesus Montero is batting in the top of the 8th).
If you remember all the way back to early August, I wrote a post comparing the Yankee hitters [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees