If you hop into the proverbial Wayback Machine with me, you’ll see I wrote this post a little over two years ago about the 2010 version of the team. As we’re on the edge of the season, let’s take a look at the current incarnation of the Yankees and see what makes each [...]
In a development that gave Joe Girardi visions of the 2011 season, Derek Jeter was scratched from today’s lineup with an injured calf. The 38-year-old shortstop missed nearly a month last season with a calf injury, but in the other leg. Though Girardi says he is only being cautious, Jeter is not expected [...]
Rare is the case when one factor will set the tone for a player’s success in a given season. He may do one thing greatly, and that may help define his season or even his skill set, but we’re seldom so shallow that we let that trick us into thinking he necessarily had [...]
If anyone on the Yankees had a tale of two seasons, it was Derek Jeter. In April, May, and June, he had the following wOBA/wRC+ splits: .261/56; .321/97; .923/77. Once the summer got into full swing, though, so did Jeter: .352/118; .398/149; .344/113 for the months of July, August, and September. I’ll admit [...]
We’re finally days away from Spring Training. Soon enough, the waiting will be over and we’ll be able to watch REAL LIVE BASEBALL (shameless plug time: if you’re in the NYC metro area, you should totally come to this). But, before we get to that, let’s take another look at some run scoring [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
With the bulk of the focus this offseason centering on the Yankees’ moves to beef up the rotation and their ongoing pursuit of a left-handed DH option, certain storylines heading into Spring Training have fallen by the wayside. One of [...]
As Derek Jeter ages, the list of players who he resembles statistically grows more and more elite. They’re almost all HOF players. The only reason Rose isn’t in Cooperstown is because he’s ineligible. Biggio is likely to get in (barring a steroid revelation) at some point, as will Damon if he plays 2 more [...]
Yesterday, all of our rooms got a little dusty between 11 AM and noon as Jorge Posada announced his retirement from Major League Baseball. There is no doubt that Posada was a great Yankee. He gave us so many incredible memories and I cannot wait for the day when Jorge is brought back [...]
Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees