[image title="derek-jeter" size="full" id="14637" align="center" linkto="full" ]
From Joel Sherman:
Second, the good news for the Yanks is that Jeter is a competent shortstop again; the bad news is he is a competent shortstop again.
At age 35, he was the AL’s best all-around shortstop last year, finishing third in the MVP [...]
Thus far, I’ve taken multiple looks at offensive projections and what they could signal for the Yankees in 2010. In some of those posts, I’ve briefly gone over the defensive projections for some players. I’d like to go more deeply into that today. To do so, I’ll be looking at these age adjusted UZR [...]
When many discuss Brett Gardner’s value, they are quick to point to his defense, citing UZR as well as UZR/150 to outline his tremendous glove. For instance, in 2009, over 99 games, Gardner’s 7.4 UZR and 15.4 UZR/150 were two of the best marks in the American League. However, while there is an [...]
One of the primary recurring themes of this long, long baseball offseason has been several teams’ renewed focus on defense. We all know how the Mariners went from losing all 162 games they played in 2008 to incredibly winning all 162 in 2009 (editor’s note: exaggeration) due to [...]
From Joel Sherman:
Joe Girardi made a bunch of controversial decisions last year (such as three starters in the postseason, Derek Jeter at leadoff, the newest edition of the Joba Rules) and ended up a championship manager. I think this will embolden him further to go with his beliefs, and I think one of [...]
A few weeks ago, EJ advocated flipping Brett Gardner, the presumptive left fielder, with center fielder Curtis Granderson, so as to maximize the defensive value that the Yankees can extract from both players. Matt ran the defensive numbers and confirmed EJ’s belief that Gardner in center provided the most value, and Steve
The BoSox “lineup” above isn’t a legitimate one, I just ordered it that way for an easy comparison.
All the UZR/150 figures are based on a three-year period (collected via FanGraphs), though there were some players that simply did not offer much in the way of fielding data at their respective [...]
[image title="129272_orioles_yankees_baseball" size="full" id="14064" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Yesterday, I discussed my feelings about UZR, and suggested that a weighted average of 3 years worth of UZR data would be a more useful metric than our current version of UZR. I was informed that Fangraphs does in fact have a leaderboard for defense that [...]
[image title="UZR-CoverageView-NYY-2009_medium" size="full" id="14042" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Those of you who comment over at RAB might know that I have been slowly backing away from UZR for the last few months as I have learned more about the metric. I still use the metric, but it is with significantly more caution than in the [...]
In 2008, Alex Rodriguez’s defense at third base had declined significantly.
Though his UZR was a respectable -2.6 — basically an average mark — a significant portion of that figure was masked by Alex’s ability to refrain from making errors, as he was worth 3.1 error runs (ErrR) above average. A player’s UZR [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees