The Yankees haven’t bothered to address their deficiency at designated hitter since Nick Johnson went down, presumably because they’ve managed to get a .350 wOBA out of the position, tied for fifth-best in the American League. When you rotate the kind of Major League hitters the Yankees [...]
“The Yankees are not confident Nick Johnson will be back and sound this year and may consider No. 2 type hitters in trade. [...]
Despite the fact that their 2009 season was an unmitigated disaster. Despite the fact that they have no reliable pitching after Johan [...]
Are we there yet?
In absurdly inconsequential but slightly amusing news, Scott Hairston and the Padres agreed on a one-year $2.45 million deal through salary arbitration, which means Scott will bring home nearly $500k more in 2010 than older brother Jerry, who spurned the Yankees for the opportunity [...]
Near the end of last week several laughably awful moves were made around MLB. First, the Angels signed Joel Pineiro to a two-year, $16 million deal. Sure, Pineiro had a nice year in 2009, but he was pitching for the Cardinals in the NL Central. The last time he [...]
If you read Yankeeist you probably also already Fangraphs, so even though you don’t need me to tell you to go there, I’m going to anyway. Matt Klaasen’s post from yesterday on Dayton Moore and Omar Minaya cracked me up. To wit:
“One might be tempted to see [...]
Poor Royals fans. The team has managed a .500-plus record only four times in the last 20 seasons (with one of those coming in a strike-shortened 1994 campaign). Kansas City’s last playoff appearance was more than 20 years ago, in 1985, though they did manage to win the World Series [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees