This about sums last night’s game up.
A.J. Burnett tossed seven innings of one-hit, one-run ball against the Royals on Wednesday night (the one hit being a solo home run by Eric Hosmer), and left the game with the Yankees up 2-1. Unfortunately neither Joba Chamberlain (due to [...]
David Robertson has been a beast all season. Last week, I wrote about him and how he’s been doing things that’ve helped him improve (up the grounders, down the homers, keep the strikeouts consistent) and today, I’ll be discussing how awesome Robertson has been in high leverage situations this year.
Going into [...]
For whatever reason, I’ve been a big fan of David Robertson since he came up to the Majors in 2008. If I had to nail it down, it’s probably the strikeouts that have drawn me to Robertson. There’s nothing I like more than to see a Yankee pitcher rack up the whiffs, and [...]
David Robertson has long been a favorite of mine. Maybe it’s the Houdini-like escape against the Twins in the 2009 ALDS. Or the old-school high socks. Or the otherworldly curveball that just falls off the table as it approaches home plate. Whatever it is, I have always found myself rooting for David to [...]
David Robertson got the win yesterday against the Red Sox, pitching 1.2 innings after coming on with two on and one out in the 5th inning. The excellent Chad Jennings caught up with him after the game to discuss his role on the club:
In the Yankees bullpen, Dave Robertson is kind [...]
Like the lineup, the 2011 bullpen is of little concern. While I’m not sure it can “make up” for the rotation as some have suggested, it should still perform well.
Mariano Rivera: The only question is how much longer can he keep doing it? He saw a bit of a drop in strikeout [...]
Reader Travis recently e-mailed asking us to take a look at non-roster invitee Andy Sisco, who I knew next to nothing about prior to embarking on this post. The lefthanded Sisco — who is apparently a giant, listed at 6’10”, 270 lbs — was the Cubs’ second-round pick in 2001 and picked [...]
Yesterday, I projected the potential starting rotation by WAR so I’ll do the same thing with the bullpen today. However, it’s near impossible to tell just how many guys will be pitching in the bullpen and at what times. In fact, it’s possible that some of the guys I projected in the rotation will get [...]
Last night in the River Avenue Blues open thread, a commenter asked what the Yankees would plan to do without Kerry Wood as the definite set-up man. I wanted the Yankees to bring back Wood at the right price, but he ended up taking a sweetheart deal to go pitch for the Cubs. However, as [...]
Yesterday, the Yankees lost out on two bullpen options: Kerry Wood–who signed a “sweetheart” deal with the Cubs–and Bobby Jenks, who signed with the Red Sox for two years. Apparently, the former turned down a more lucrative deal from the White Sox, so it seems like his heart was set on going back to the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees