Being Yankee fans, we never hear the end of it when it comes to old players. Every year, even the best analysts predict the deterioration of players like Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, and Mariano Rivera. Granted, Rodriguez may be in a decline, but at the end of the year, [...]
Most of us hate David Ortiz, but only because he’s worn a Red Sox uniform over the last 10 years. In that time, he’s hit .290/.389/.573, and he’s killed the Yankees with a .313/.403/.569 triple slash. Last year, at 36 years old, the designated hitter signed on to a one year deal with [...]
Thus far in 2011, two Yankees legends have shown their age and performed in a manner that suggests their time as effective major league hitters is over. Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada have struggled to have a consistent impact offensively, with Jorge showing an inability to make consistent contact [...]
David Ortiz spouted off after yesterday’s game about Jerry Layne’s strike zone:
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz could muster nothing against Yankees starter CC Sabathia on Saturday, going 0-for-4 with three strikeouts (two called) and a double play in Boston’s 5-2 loss to New York. Yet while Ortiz gave some credit to the [...]
After stumbling out of the gate to a 4-9 start, the Red Sox (46-31) have turned their season around and are right in the thick of the AL East hunt, two games behind the first-place Yankees (47-28), exactly where we all should have expected them to be.
That the Red [...]
While waiting for the Yankee-Twin game to resume last night (which obviously didn’t end up happening) I caught some highlights from the Cardinals game on MLB Network and it reminded me that the Yankees may or may not have been pursuing Matt Holliday this past offseason. This [...]
In August of 2007, Gino Castignoli, a Red Sox fan disguised as a construction worker (okay, he is an actual construction worker that happens to be a Sox fan), assisted in the development of the new Yankee Stadium. Though Castignoli, a Bronx resident that grew up idolizing Jim Rice, only worked on the new [...]
In case you missed it yesterday, our buddy Pete cooked up an interactive David Ortiz Mad Libs, and then revised it so you can now post your best Ortiz tirade as a comment on Yankeeist or Twitter.
David Ortiz said WHAT?! [PetroleumJelliffe.com]
Raise your hand if you ever thought you’d see a Yankee-Red Sox game at Fenway Park enter extra innings tied at a National League-esque 1-1. Nope, me neither.
The Yankees held on to win the game 3-1 in 10 innings on the strength of a huge solo home [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees