(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
While we’re on the topic of current/former Angels who may be a good fit for the Yankees, let’s talk about Dan Haren. The Angels made some waves yesterday announcing that they were “interested” in trading both
Both Jered Weaver and Dan Haren put on respective pitching clinics last weekend while facing the Yankees, combining to hold the vaunted Bomber lineup to one run over 18 innings, whiffing 17 men and allowing only seven hits. While there’s something to be said for the fact that neither hurler faced [...]
What do you get when you mix several players simultaneously slumping, with injuries to what feels like half the lineup, combined with facing two of the top four pitchers in the American League at the outset of a week that featured a game that ended at 2am along with a flight to the west coast [...]
Thank god for baseball. Could you imagine if this were football and Yankee fans would have to stew over Sunday’s awful loss for an entire week? Me neither. Unfortunately, the Bombers may be about to lose three in a row. Dan Haren takes the mound for the Angels tonight while the Pinstripes [...]
It’s pretty rare that a top-flight pitcher who is signed to team-friendly contract for multiple years becomes available, as is the case with Ubaldo Jimenez. The most common comp I’ve seen bandied about by the guys who do this stuff for a living has been the 07 Dan Haren deal. [...]
(Note: As of this writing it’s possible Dan Haren may be scratched from his start on Saturday. That being said, I spent a lot of time writing about him below, and everything I mentioned still applies, so please make sure you read it all).
As several have noted, [...]
On Wednesday, commenter Phil raised what I thought was a pretty interesting notion, one that I really hadn’t thought about at all since July — what if the Yankees had consummated the rumored trade for Dan Haren, and how might that have altered the outcome of the season?
Though not quite on par with last year’s eight-game winning streak, the 2010 Yankees have acquitted themselves quite nicely since coming out of the All-Star Break, going 6-3 over their last nine games.
When most fans look at trades, they generally only consider the talent levels of the players involved. The most important factor in trades that gets overlooked is contract. More specifically, the difference between what you have to pay a player and what he earns. That’s his residual value, that’s what you typically have to make [...]
Just came down about 30 minutes ago on MLBTR, Andrew Baggarly of the Mercury News is reporting via Twitter that the Angels have landed Dan Haren from the Diamondbacks in exchange for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez, and a player to be named later.
Earlier in the day, Jon Heyman of SI [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees