Rare is the case when one factor will set the tone for a player’s success in a given season. He may do one thing greatly, and that may help define his season or even his skill set, but we’re seldom so shallow that we let that trick us into thinking he necessarily had [...]
We’re finally days away from Spring Training. Soon enough, the waiting will be over and we’ll be able to watch REAL LIVE BASEBALL (shameless plug time: if you’re in the NYC metro area, you should totally come to this). But, before we get to that, let’s take another look at some run scoring [...]
Curtis Granderson came to the Yankees after three consecutive seasons of decline, decline that was coming at an early age. He posted a career high .395 wOBA in 2007, and then saw his production drop off rapidly. In 2008 his wOBA was .374 and in 2009 it was all the way down to [...]
ESPN reporter, Buster Olney tweeted more about the Yankees ongoing effort to trade beloved starting pitcher AJ Burnett last night. The front office has been in contact with the Pirates, and is most notably interested in right fielder Garrett Jones. Though they’re willing to pay for $25 to $27 million of [...]
As I write this, Eli Manning and the New York Giants are celebrating their fourth Super Bowl Championship as a franchise, and their second in the last five Super Bowl games. I’m four Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPAs and a shot of Dewar’s White Label deep. I’m walking on an absolute cloud. But [...]
One of the biggest responses on my post from the other day about the $189M mark and 2014 was that some of you thought that there was no way Nick Swisher would be on the team in 2013, let alone 2014. There is definitely the possibility of this, and while I love Swish on the [...]
Tuesday night, on MLB Network Radio, Pirates GM Neil Huntington said about trading Andrew McCutchen,
“Never say never. If someone wants to back up the truck and give us one of those organization-altering deals, it’s something that we’d have to listen to, but there are some players on our club that are extremely difficult [...]
Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
The Yankee outfield trio of C-Grand, Swish, and Gardy slowly started to establish themselves as one of the best all-around outfields in baseball in 2010, especially after Curtis got the Dr. Long treatment on his swing in the second half. [...]
Before I get into this, my first post at The Yankee Analysts, I’d like to thank everyone here for giving me this opportunity and for welcoming me so fully to the team. I have accepted this position knowing that TYA is not only among the best Yankees blogs on the internet, but among the best [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees