(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
It’s been a bit of a roller coaster experience for Curtis Granderson since joining the Yankees before the 2010 season. What started off as high levels of excitement and anticipation about acquiring an All Star-caliber player in his prime [...]
This past weekend, two slightly odd things about the Yankees and their outfield situation were reported. After they inked Ichiro Suzuki to a two year deal (something I’m not entirely a fan of, but that’s really neither here nor there), we learned that the Yankees had talked to the Angels about a trade [...]
About three years ago, just after winning the 2009 World Series, the Yankees traded Austin Jackson, an up and coming prospect in the team’s farm system, for Curtis Granderson, an established commodity in Detroit. The Yankees were trading potential for performance. Jackson wasn’t developing as quickly as a hitter as [...]
I’m fond of writing “what a difference a year makes” on this site, but in the case of Curtis Granderson you have to ask what a difference a few games make? Granderson had an odd season. He hit a career high 43 homers, but he also had a career worst .319 on base [...]
Here’s the good with Curtis Granderson: he’s a home run and walk machine. For the second consecutive season as a Yankee Curtis knocked in at least forty homers. That’s good. He continues to have a walk rate above 10%, also good. Now, here’s the bad: .226/.315/.477. That’s Curtis’ season batting line. There’s no [...]
A superficial look at the 2012 season of Curtis Granderson might lead one to wonder what it is Yankee fans are complaining about. He’s among the league leaders in HRs and is one of the best ambassadors of the game. But more astute observers, folks who watch him everyday will yell you there are gaping [...]
The Yankees took care of business in their biggest game of the season. Curtis Granderson didn’t start the game, but he emerged as the star going 3-for-3 with 5 RBI and his 35th homer of the season. As strong as Granderson’s performance was, the Yankees didn’t actually need it. Zach Britton [...]
Curtis Granderson sucks lately. I don’t believe I’ve ever described a player that way before, at least in writing. Especially a Yankee player. When it boils down to it, the centerfielder was supposed to carry this team. After all, the Grandyman can. Yet since June 1st, he’s hit just .214/.300/.430. Matt I. broke [...]
The Yankees just completed a miserable 2-4 road trip on which the team averaged just three runs per game. This stretch of games isn’t representative of the true abilities of the Yankee offense, but it highlights the fact that the team just isn’t putting the same kind of hitters in the batter’s box that it [...]
The Yankees won a sleepy Sunday afternoon game, 4-2 over the Indians. The game was odd. The Yankees never trailed, effectively winning the game when they plated three runs in the second inning, but the team stranded a ton of base runners. Four runs on eleven hits is a poor outcome, especially since one of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees