The always opinionated Curt Schilling was at it again yesterday, this time with our very own Javier Vazquez in his cross hairs. Appearing on ESPN radio’s Colin Cowherd show yesterday, he made some comments addressing Javier Vazquez’s slow start in pinstripes, and brought up some commonly heard tags on Javier that I [...]
Here are a few quick items regarding the team’s roster:
Damaso Marte’s shoulder is feeling better after being described as “cranky” earlier in the week. By playing yesterday, Jorge Posada proved his neck is fine and should not be an issue going forward. Nick Johnson, who is now two days removed from [...]
Pete Abe chimes with a bit of news that will likely irk some fans who want their Yankees to harbor lifelong enmity towards Red Sox players:
Kevin Youkilis mentioned on Monday that he did not start hitting until Feb. 1 — at the advice of former Yankees player Paul O’Neill.
“He told me the [...]
Well, the headline does not reflect exactly what he said, but some interpretation of his remarks leaves it as the inescapable conclusion:
I don’t think there’s any question at all that this team [Red Sox] can win the World Series. No question whatsoever…..
Do you think Alex Rodriguez will look at the calendar and [...]
With the Yanks extending their lead to 7.5 last night and playing like an unstoppable freight train, I wanted to take a look north and see what out main rivals have been up to. Win or lose, it is never dull and always seems on the verge of breaking out into a food fight.
(Title an homage to the immortal George Carlin)
Fresh off his retirement, Curt is apparently now in the Baseball prognostication and analysis business. Never one at a loss for words, but unfortunately often displaying a simple lack of having his facts straight and a sense of homer-ism that would make Harry Carey blush. He [...]
Curt Schilling’s retirement announcement yesterday spawned a multitude of articles about his Hall of Fame case. Most of the articles believed that Curt belongs in the Hall, which caused me to start thinking about a similar pitcher who also retired this offseason: Mike Mussina.
Schilling was 216-146 in 20 seasons, with 83 CG, 20 SHO, [...]
For many years, I thought the idea that Red Sox fans were just as concerned with the Yankees suffering as they were with the Red Sox succeeding was a ridiculous canard put forth by egotistical Yankees fans to tweak Bostonians. Then I moved to Boston, and have witnessed first hand that the phenomenon is in [...]
This is an issue that I have been harping upon for a while, and now I find out that Curt Schilling agrees with me. I feel a bit nauseous:
During the 2001 season, in the clubhouse, Pedro [Gomez] and I got into a shouting match about players and steroids. In the middle of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees