Apparently, Pettitte wasn’t particularly pleased with the contract he inked over the offseason, a realization that isn’t surprising when you consider the way in which the negotiations played out and how long [...]
From Bob McManaman (Arizona Republic):
Right-hander Brandon Webb said if Diamondbacks executives are preparing to approach him about restructuring his $8.5 million contract option for 2010, they ought to save their breath.
He’s not interested.
Webb, who hasn’t pitched since Opening Day because of an injury to his pitching shoulder, said Tuesday that he [...]
With the Yankees headed for the postseason, Tim Smith (Daily News) wonders if the organization will consider a contract extension for Yankee skipper, Joe Girardi. Girardi is currently in the second year of a 3-year deal. If the Yankees do not offer him an extension by the end of next season, then he will, [...]
Here’s Jon Heyman (SI) on Derek Jeter:
He did well to get a $189 million contract last time, wisely following the lead of Rodriguez’s $252 million Rangers deal. But the team can’t claim to be at all unhappy with how it’s turned out, either.
They know they can’t let him go. And he surely [...]
After last night’s game against the Orioles in which a dominant CC Sabathia struck out 9 over 7 innings pitched, picking up his 16th win of the season, CC now has a 2.79 ERA since the All-Star break. He has struck out 72 batters over 71 innings and, in 10 starts, he has won [...]
I have to admit, in the interest of full disclosure, that I have a soft spot for Jason Giambi. He always seemed like a nice guy, and you never got the impression that playing in NY got to him. There were a few mentions of him today, so I thought it might be a good [...]
Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors put together a list of the 45 worst current contracts in baseball, and 3 Yankees make the dishonorable grade:
Jorge Posada, Yankees. Four years, $52MM ($13MM per year). Signed November of 2007.
Hideki Matsui, Yankees. Four years, $52MM ($13MM per year). Signed November of 2005.
Kei Igawa, [...]
From the AP (via PA):
Base salary: $5.5 million.
Innings bonuses: $500,000 each for 150, 160 and 170 innings pitched and $750,000 each for 180, 190, 200 and 210 innings.
Roster bonuses: $100,000 for 120 days on the active 25-man roster, $200,000 for 130 days, $250,000 each for 140 and 150 days, and $400,000 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees