A couple weeks ago, Mike Axisa of RAB contemplated on whether the Yankees could benefit from an early extention on Cano’s current contract. The Yankees had previously broken their own policy regarding contract negotions for Cano once before as they signed him to a four year, $30M deal that included two additional club options (in 2012 [...]
Note, 4:19pm: Dave has authored an updated version of this post, available here.
Note: This post was edited at 1:45pm to reflect updated contract information about Lee’s deal with the Phillies. We initially heard that the overall package for Lee was worth $147.5 [...]
From Mark Feinsand:
2:45: Jeter on who he was angry with: “I’m not going to point the finger at anyone. As you can see now, we’re one big happy family.”
2:43: “Jeter: “The thing that probably bothered me the most was how public this became. … It was not an enjoyable experience. … I’d [...]
I received a tip on the Jeter negotiations last night, and Jon Heyman confirmed my information a few minutes later. The Yankees are poised to raise their offer to Derek Jeter from 3 years, 45 million to 3 years, 51 million with an option for a 4th year. The option would include a substantial buyout [...]
I recently had a conversation with Mike Silva about this issue on Twitter, and he wrote it up over at NYBD. I was hoping for some more opinions on the issue:
Essentially Moshe and I were discussing how, in his words, “Jeter’s contract negotiations are going to be a total disaster. Epic.” The Captain [...]
From the AP:
Ryan Howard preferred securing his future in Philadelphia to testing free agency in two years — and boy is he getting his pay day.
The slugging first baseman agreed to a $125 million, five-year contract extension Monday that could keep him with the Phillies until 2017…..
While he has put up [...]
[image title="539w" size="full" id="15325" align="center" linkto="full" ]
From John Heyman:
One reason the Yankees were reluctant to go for a two-year deal for Johnny Damon might have had little to do with Damon and been a greater reflection of what they think of Carl Crawford. The Yankees love him. Crawford is almost [...]
[image title="derek-jeter" size="full" id="14637" align="center" linkto="full" ]
From Joel Sherman:
Second, the good news for the Yanks is that Jeter is a competent shortstop again; the bad news is he is a competent shortstop again.
At age 35, he was the AL’s best all-around shortstop last year, finishing third in the MVP [...]
Joel Sherman reported this morning that Randy Winn’s 900K in contract incentives are predicated upon hitting certain amounts of at-bats against left handed pitching. Eariler today, Rob Abruzzese explained the reasoning behind the highly unusual contract, and clarified how the Marcus Thames deal figures into the equation:
This is where Marcus Thames comes [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees