A number of Yankees Hot Stove stories out there this morning:
1) The Yankees have apparently upped their offer to 7 years, although Joel Sherman reports that the deal is actually more complicated than that:
The Yankees’ offers work on a scale in which the shorter the term, the higher the annual average value. [...]
There has been a lot of back and forth on Cliff Lee this morning, with rumors swirling that the Nationals were prepared to hand him a very large 7 year deal. That was later dispelled by Jon Heyman and Adam Kilgore, and it is unclear whether the Nats are interested in lee at all. One [...]
As I am sure most of you have heard, the Nationals handed outfielder Jayson Werth a monumental 7-year, 126 million dollar deal yesterday. Werth is an excellent all-around player, but he is also 32, has had injury issues, and does not have an extensive track record as an elite player. The deal sent ripples throughout [...]
Jack Curry is reporting that the Yankees have come to an agreement with Derek Jeter on a new deal. It is a complicated deal, so I will quote Curry’s article and then provide some simplification:
The deal averages to $17 million for the first three years, which includes a $3 million buyout in the [...]
On last night’s Yankee Hot Stove on the Yes Network, Brian Cashman was asked about Derek Jeter’s value to the club when not between the lines, and the phrase quoted in the title was his response. The off-field value question is at the crux of the Jeter contract situation, as Derek clearly is [...]
Joel Sherman has the scoop on the widely expected move:
The Yankees and Joe Girardi are closing in on a three-year contract that will pay him somewhere between $9 million and $10 million, The Post has learned.
Girardi would receive a bump from a contract that expires Saturday that was paying him $7.5 million [...]
I recently had a conversation with Mike Silva about this issue on Twitter, and he wrote it up over at NYBD. I was hoping for some more opinions on the issue:
Essentially Moshe and I were discussing how, in his words, “Jeter’s contract negotiations are going to be a total disaster. Epic.” The Captain [...]
[image title="ALDS Yankees vs. Indians" size="full" id="16892" align="center" linkto="full" ]
A lot of ink has been spilled over the last few seasons discussion the Yankees plan of succession at closer once Mariano Rivera begins to age and retires. Joba Chamberlain’s name is the most common suggestion, Mark Melancon has gotten some support, and future [...]
Today in Tampa, Derek Jeter met with the media to discuss the new year and, of course, his looming free agency was the dominant topic of conversation. As was expected, Jeter brushed the issue off as a possible distraction and affirmed his desire to be a Yankee for the duration of his already [...]
In 2009, at the tender age of 35, Derek Jeter, the Yankees’ all-time hits leader, produced a triple slash line of .334/.406/.465, with 18 home runs, 66 runs batted in and 30 stolen bases. In addition, his wOBA sat at .390, which was the best at his position in the American League and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees