Even my friends who are just casual Yankee fans are aware of the fact that the team usually gets off to slow starts. That’s why the team’s strong play this early April, further underscored by yesterday’s 7-5 win over the Halos in the home opener, has come as such a welcome surprise to [...]
RJ Anderson at Fangraphs looked at the trio of outfielders that the Yankees have stashed in the minors:
That offensive state of mind exists beyond the pantheon of new Yankee Stadium. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, home to the Yankees’ Triple-A affiliate, features a triplet of red-hot bats. Shelley Duncan, Austin Jackson, and John Rodriguez patrol the outfield [...]
When Alex Rodriguez went down with his hip injury, there were some who decided that the club would be better off without him. Due to Ramiro Pena’s recent run of good play, some of those voices have regained their vigor after faltering a bit due to Cody Ransom’s poor start. In response, I wanted to [...]
From the Denver Post we learn that the Rockies are shopping Jeff Baker, a useful utility player that has the ability to play at 1B, 2B, 3B or RF and LF. The Post article also mentions that the Astros and the Yankees — two teams that could use some assistance at 3B — [...]
Some writers in NY have decided that the Yankees may actually be better off without Alex Rodriguez. RiverAveBlues talked about this a few hours ago, pointing out Ian O’Conner’s idiotic espousal of this idea, and Ken Rosenthal’s reasoned rebuttal. As Ken Davidoff states:
I don’t get it. It doesn’t make sense on any level, [...]
According to Johnny Damon, the most athletic player on the New York Yankees is none other than Cody Ransom. The 32 year-old infielder boasts a 60 inch vertical.
Whatever your position on Brian Cashman and the job that he has done, it is hard to argue with the fact that he often neglects to properly address the bench. Flops such as Josh Phelps and Morgan Ensberg stand beside dubious choices like Andy Phillips and Miguel Cairo to create a poor resume in the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees