I didn’t come up with that title all my own, FanGraphs did. That doesn’t mean, though, that I’m not going to piggyback the article and add my own thoughts.
To me, the possibility of Lee declining the Yankees might be the most interesting question of the off-season, because there is no obvious Plan B. [...]
Let me preface this by saying that I have zero expectation that the Yankees will sign Adam Dunn. Many have been expecting the Yankees to keep the DH slot open with the idea of rotating catchers Jorge Posada and Jesus Montero through it, along with whichever other [...]
First of all, congratulations to the San Francisco Giants and their fans. One of my favorite aspects of the 2010 World Series was that regardless of who won, in either case a long-suffering fan base was finally going to be rewarded after years of patience and support. It’s been a [...]
Last week, EJ laid out his argument as to why Cliff Lee is an unnecessary upgrade. I, as many of you do, disagree and I’d like to say why I feel like Lee is a necessary upgrade. I’m not going to cut up EJ’s piece and FJM it or anything, but just give the [...]
[image title="Indians starting pitcher Lee looks up before pitching in sixth inning of their MLB American League baseball game against the Yankees in New York" size="full" id="22679" align="center" linkto="full" ]So far, I’ve given my argument against signing Cliff Lee, and laid out some alternatives (most of which don’t look pretty good), and stated my belief [...]
EJ Fagan of TYU wrote a post yesterday encouraging the Yankees to not sign Cliff Lee. The main premise of the article is that the Yankees are already walking dangerous grounds in terms of aging core players. EJ writes:
“The team needs to aim younger than
[image title="Zack-Greinke" size="full" id="22649" align="center" linkto="full" ]
In response to the early discussion, I should probably say: I support option #1, which is essentially standing pat. Tomorrow I’ll argue that the Yankees don’t need an upgrade.
Yesterday, we had some really vibrant discussion on whether or not the Yankees should sign Cliff Lee. I [...]
Joel Sherman and George King had the scoop:
CC Sabathia was diagnosed with a minor meniscus tear of the right knee that will require surgery, The Post has learned.
Sabathia was diagnosed yesterday at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital and is expected to undergo surgery in the coming days. The Yankees do not consider the procedure [...]
[image title="cliff_lee1" size="full" id="22629" align="center" linkto="full" ]Cliff Lee is a really good pitcher. He’s become a modern-day Curt Schilling: dominating the playoffs unimaginably well. He is healthy. He has no makeup issues to worry about. But we still shouldn’t sign him.
Let’s get this out of the way first: Cliff Lee is going to make [...]
Tom Tango has a poll up at his excellent website in which he asks the following question:
I AM a Yankees fan. My team has 150 million dollars to spend. I’d rather it go to:
1) Derek Jeter
2) Cliff Lee
Tom is trying to determine how attached Yankees fans are to Jeter, and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees