Over the weekend we examined how the Tampa Bay Rays, Boston Red Sox, and first-place New York Yankees were stacking up against their preseason CHONE projections. In Tampa Bay, we saw that Evan Longoria was already outpacing his fairly aggressive (for CHONE, anyway) projection of .283/.361/.514 with 26 HR and 88 RBI, [...]
Over the past two days I’ve reviewed how the Red Sox and the Rays have fared against their preseason CHONE projections. I’ve also handed out some awards. The “Baseball Isn’t Played on Spreadsheets” Award has gone to the player who has outperformed his projection in a significant way. Adrian Beltre earned it for [...]
Yesterday we looked at how the Tampa Bay Rays were stacking up thus far to their preseason CHONE projections. We continue this series today with the hated Red Sox. We will go through the offense and the starting pitchers, and then hand out some awards.
C – Victor Martinez. Projection: .294/.366/.450, 17 HR [...]
During the last few days we’ve heard some rumblings about the Yankees’ apparent lust for free-agent-to-be Carl Crawford, hence why the team might not be that keen on a hypothetical Curtis Granderson/Brett Gardner flip-flop in the outfield, despite the fact that both offensively and defensively Curtis in left [...]
With yet another major projection system not only predicting the Yankees to repeat as AL East champs, but essentially eviscerating the competition in doing so — at least, as much as one can eviscerate a division featuring three potential 90-plus game winners — it’s easy to be optimistic about [...]
Normally, projections do not forecast the same range of wins and losses as will happen in real life. We expect that a few teams will win 95+ games, but are not sure exactly which ones, and if you pick any one team (Yankees excepted) the odds are they [...]
On Friday we looked at the 2010 Yankees’ projected wOBAs through the four available projection systems, and today we’ll take a quick look at the projected starting rotation using FIP.
The usual caveats apply here with the FIP projections — some of the older projections — James [...]
Stat geeks rejoice, as a fourth major projection system, TangoTiger’s Marcel, has released its 2010 numbers, joining Bill James’, which has been around since the 2009 season ended; Replacement Level’s SG’s CAIRO system; and Sean Smith’s CHONE projections.
Now that we have four systems to compare, we may [...]
Chone, widely considered one of the premier statistical projection systems, recently released their initial power rankings, and the results are terrifying for all of the teams in the AL East. The Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays occupy the top 3 positions, with the Jays and Orioles both being in the top 15 as well [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees