Chien Ming Wang had what has to be considered his best outing of the year yesterday. He pitched 3 scoreless innings, his stuff was sharp, he kept his 2 seamer down and threw plenty of strikes (28/42 66%). Ground ball-flyball ratio was 4-1, that’s vintage Wang right there. Wang himself said it was the best [...]
It was a strange game for Phil Hughes, as he was throwing plenty of strikes and gave up just a few hard hit balls, yet only lasted 5 innings while allowing 4 runs. The results were not great, but the process was fine, and on most days, Phil probably goes 6 and allows just 3 [...]
Not sure if anyone heard this, but 1050 ESPN radio’s Andrew Marchand had some interesting stuff on Chien Ming Wang today. Here’s the podcast:
He said that the Yanks told Wang NOT to exercise his legs as usual this off season, due to the Lisfranc fracture. Makes sense, they don’t have much experience with [...]
-Wang’s appearance last night was somewhat mixed, but we saw some hopeful signs. His 2-seamer had a nice sink to it and his velocity was good at 92-94 MPH. But his control was horrendous. He was all over the place for the first few batters, then settled in [...]
Chien-Ming Wang was expected to start for SWB tonight, as the Yankees were hoping to see his improved sinker manifest itself in a game after he had displayed it in a bullpen session before team officials. However, with Joba Chamberlain bruising his knee and the bullpen going 8.2 innings last night, those plans have changed. [...]
From Sam Borden we get a cornucopia of news about the Yankees roster:
1) Brian Bruney will return tomorrow for the start of the Yankees series with the Orioles. I think that although Edwar, Aceves, and Albie have options, Jose Veras will be DFA’d. The Yankees have thrown him into important spots with regularity [...]
-Can we please stop with the ‘Cervelli was hitting .190 in AA’ stuff? It was 16 games and he’s a career .271 hitter in the minors. No sportswriter worth his salt would quote a batting average seriously until May 1st and/or 100 ABs, yet they keep repeating Cervelli’s after 52 ABs.
-CC looks great, [...]
Two bits of positive news on rehabbing Yankees:
1) Chien Ming Wang will start on tuesday at AAA Scranton and could regain his rotation spot if that start goes well. He is cleared for 100 pitches. With Phil Hughes battling inconsistency and himself, the Yankees could really use Wang’s ability to give the club [...]
Baseball Intellect took a look at Chien-Ming Wang’s messed up mechanics yesterday. Wang is slumping his back as he pitches, causing a series of problems. The bottom line?
So my advice for Wang? First correct the posture problem by going back to a more upright position. Second, he needs to increase the tempo of [...]
This from Tim McCarver, via the NY Post:
“The rivalry has changed because I think the pitching has changed,” McCarver said. “You don’t have them standing toe-to-toe slugging it out anymore. The Red Sox have a deep rotation and the Yankees were right with them, but with [Chien-Ming] Wang’s three horrendous starts that has [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees