The daily rainfall we’ve been getting lately is an appropriate backdrop for the dour mood among Yankee fans these days. In a game where Chein Ming Wang was pitching for his spot in the rotation, the Yanks could generate little run support against the unknown but talented lefty John Lannan. Local boy Lannan dominated, throwing [...]
This from Newsday:
Leiter stressed that although he does not see Wang daily, as pitching coach Dave Eiland does, Wang must develop backup plans when his sinker isn’t working.
Dolan’s Cadillac film “You have to have a plan B, even a C. I can tell you in my career, I pitched plenty [...]
From Buster Olney:
Despite having a 21.61 ERA as a starter, Yankees right-hander Chien-Ming Wang is expected to remain in the rotation, a source told ESPN The Magazine’s Buster Olney.
Wang has the highest starter’s ERA through five starts since 1913, when baseball began keeping track of ERAs.
I believe [...]
The obvious question on the mind of most Yankees fans after last night’s performance regards the fate of Chien-Ming Wang. Should the Yankees give him another chance, send him to the bullpen, or DL him with another mysterious injury? Let’s here what the local media thinks, and then I will chime in.
Chien Ming Wang was awful, allowing 4 runs in 2.2 innings on 6 hits and 3 walks. While his velocity was good and his pitches had decent movement, his command and control were both atrocious. Watching the game, I attempted to rationalize by saying that he was getting squeezed and had not given up a [...]
“He was throwing the ball OK, but he has trouble with the ball up, and I knew if I waited, I’d get one up,” Cruz said. “When I’ve faced him before, he’s [...]
After coming out flat yesterday against the Rangers, the Yankees went for the series win this afternoon in the Bronx. The Yankees sent Chien-Ming Wang, making his first start since returning from injury to the hill against Brandon McCarthy. Wang had looked good in his last few bullpen outings, and the Yankees hoped he would [...]
The idea has been kicked around many places lately. With Wang scheduled to start tomorrow and Hughes pitching too well to send down to the minors, how about a 6 man rotation? The overall concept is pretty simple, just use your best arms as much as you can to win games. Hughes doesn’t help us [...]
From Pete Abe, we get the news that Chien Ming Wang returns to the rotation tomorrow, while Phil Hughes heads to the bullpen. I’m not sure why they chose to pitch Wang tomorrow rather than just throwing him in Hughes’ spot on Friday.
I am on record, as saying that this is a [...]
Steve took a look at scheduling a Wang return to the rotation yesterday. He concludes that we may be waiting a little bit until Wang gets a chance to start again. With Joe Girardi backing up Joba Chamberlain as a starting pitcher, the demotion to replace Wang looks to target Phil Hughes.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees