Spring training will no doubt show us a battle between relievers looking for their spot in the bullpen. Barring a Ben Sheets surprise, we already know what players will make up most of the bullpen. They are:
Certains: Mariano Rivera, Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlain, Damaso Marte, David Robertson, Alfredo Aceves
Strong Candidates: Sergio Mitre, [...]
We all know the names of the big guns: CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, Andy Pettitte and now, deja vu all over again, Javier Vazquez. With Joba Chamberlain or Phil Hughes competing for the last spot in the rotation with the loser serving as the bridge to Mariano Rivera [...]
A few days after the Yankees acquired Javier Vazquez, Joel Sherman suggested that the Yankees may try and move some of their surplus starting pitching depth to a club seeking back end rotation help, with Chad Gaudin or Sergio Mitre most likely to go. At the time, Ben Kabak of RAB said the [...]
From Ken Rosenthal:
A rival executive says that neither Phil Hughes nor Joba Chamberlain should be in the Yankees’ rotation next season.
Instead, the exec suggests that the Yankees keep both youngsters in their bullpen and make Chad Gaudin their fifth starter.
Not a crazy thought. But if the Yankees enact such a plan, [...]
I really do not have time today to go into this, but Mike Francesa has forced my hand by convincing every human being I know outside of the Yankee blogosphere that Chad Gaudin should be starting tonight. Here are the relevant data points:
1) Chad Gaudin has thrown 2.1 innings since Sept. 28.
Last night’s game was the 10th that I attended this season, and brought my 2009 record to 5-5. Considering I started the season 0-4, I feel OK about finishing at .500, although I really wanted to secure a winning record after last night’s game, and the Yankees blew it.
The Yankees wound up with [...]
The Yanks have recently kicked around the idea of carrying 10 pitchers for the ALDS. Just to see what that would look like, I’ll make up a 25 man postseason roster. 10 pitchers, 15 position players.
Last night, Chad Gaudin turned in another serviceable outing, allowing 2 runs in 4.2 innings, as he cruised until tiring in the 5th. He has allowed 3 runs or less in his last three starts, and has an ERA of 3.71 as a Yankee. Why is this important? Well, take a gander at Brian Cashman’s [...]
The Yankees finally beat the Angels on Los Angeles’ home field last night, 6-5, in a game in which the Yankees led 5-0 at one point and wouldn’t end until nearly 2am on the east coast. The Yankees also clinched their 14th playoff appearance in 15 seasons during the game, as the Texas [...]
So last night I liveblogged an entire Yankee game for the first time since last May. Good times ensued, and several players even stopped by, including last night’s starter, Andy Pettitte. How Pettitte was able to toss a quality start while simultaneously commenting on a random Yankee website is beyond me, but still very [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees