How inevitable was this move? The Yankees have re-signed right-hander Chad Gaudin, who was recently released by the A’s, adding him to their bullpen as a long reliever. This is likely a reaction to the loss of Alfredo Aceves, as the reliever reaggravated a back injury yesterday that could ultimately lead to surgery. [...]
It occurred to me that the last time the Yankees were in Oakland they kicked their series off against old friend Brett Tomko, who was none too happy about being DFA’d by the team a month earlier.
Given today’s observance of No Joba No Hughes Day, there doesn’t seem to be anything all that exciting going on in Yankeeland aside from non-news such as Marcus Thames sucking, Chad Gaudin being released and that Goddamned steroid cheat A-Rod being caught on video frenching a [...]
Here are a few quick news items on the day:
After some speculation earlier in the year, Derek Jeter confirmed that he wants to be an owner one day. Since being released by the Yankees, the Mets, Dodgers, and D-Backs have checked in on Chad Gaudin. According to team GM, [...]
According to Ed Price, the Yankees have placed Chad Gaudin on waivers. This means that another club could claim him and take on his entire 3M dollar salary, he could clear waivers and go to AAA, or he could clear and reject the assignment and become a free agent. This move comes after Gaudin [...]
RAB is reporting that the Yankees have placed Chad Gaudin on waivers. According to the post, now a team can pick up Gaudin, or he can be cut outright from the Yankees for a fee or enter the team’s minor league system if he clears waivers.
The details aside, this move is [...]
[image title="D062496046.JPG" size="full" id="16069" align="center" linkto="full" ]
The Yankees returned Rule 5 selection Jamie Hoffmann to the Dodgers today, completing what was a fairly disappointing spring training with the Yankees for the 25 year old prospect. Hoffmann went just 3-23 for the Yankees, and was unable to wrest a position on the team away [...]
Putting together a truly complete pitching staff is a hard thing to do for any major league team, even the Yankees. Hell, getting five men together to form a rotation is hard enough. Luckily, the Yankees seem to have more than five guys who could be in a rotation. In fact, the Yankees’ fifth [...]
[image title="BASEBALL/" size="full" id="15503" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Mike Silva spoke to Chad Jennings last night, and Jennings suggested that the Chan-Ho Park addition could result in Alfredo Aceves beginning the year in the minors. Here’s how:
Rivera, Robertson, Marte, Joba/Hughes, and Park. I would put Aceves as a lock, but what if Melancon [...]
Last night, via Newsday‘s Ken Davidoff, we learned from Yankees manager, Joe Girardi, that the final spot in the club’s 2010 starting rotation will be decided by a five-man contest this spring, one that features Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Alfredo Aceves, Chad Gaudin, and Sergio Mitre. Still, given practical concerns (i.e., Hughes’ innings [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees