I’m clearly on the Phil Hughes bandwagon when it comes to the possible starters in 2012. Much of the blogosphere, us included, has dubbed this year’s pitching “competition” rigged. When Joe Girardi says only CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda are guaranteed a spot, it’s hard to take [...]
The trickiest thing when managing a starting rotation is attempting to strike the ever delicate balance of rest and optimization. While a four man rotation–hence, three days rest–may get a teams ace more starts, it’s possible that, unless closely monitored, the pitchers will get overworked. But even with today’s five man rotations, there are occasionally [...]
Yankee policy is to discuss contract extensions only before free agency, but it hasn’t stopped us from bringing up possible extensions for Russell Martin, Curtis Granderson, and Robinson Cano over the last week. Extensions, especially to young players, have been a big talking point this offseason.
One of the biggest narratives during the first few weeks of camp is what kind of shape the players are in. Last year, CC Sabathia lost 25 pounds, while Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain were shipped off to the fat farm. I don’t believe that a direct connection between performance and weight exists, [...]
Monday appeared as if it was the day we’d finally find out the new DH in 2012. Buster Olney reported late afternoon, that the decision between Raul Ibanez, Johnny Damon, or Hideki Matsui would be made by the end of the week. Ken Rosenthal followed up with [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
I had a dream the other night. In it, the Yankees were in the postseason and they were just rolling through teams, winning more 3-1, 4-2, and 2-0 games than I could have ever imagined. Their starting rotation was absolutely [...]
As I write this, Eli Manning and the New York Giants are celebrating their fourth Super Bowl Championship as a franchise, and their second in the last five Super Bowl games. I’m four Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPAs and a shot of Dewar’s White Label deep. I’m walking on an absolute cloud. But [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees