By now, we have heard far too many times about how the Yankees need to get under the $189 million threshold (a figure which includes not only MLB salary, but also benefits such as health insurance, for the entire 40-man roster) by 2014. Given the huge legacy contracts that the roster has to deal with, [...]
The New York Times has a great story up on the decline of Puerto Rican baseball:
SAN JUAN, P.R. — This used to be the climax of baseball’s peak season in Puerto Rico. The storied winter league lured many of Major League Baseball’s biggest Puerto Rican stars back to the island — from [...]
Earlier this week Joel Sherman, RAB and our very own EJ Fagan all reported that baseball’s new collective bargaining agreement may finally succeed at one of the game’s least achievable goals. It may successfully constrain the bloated Yankee payroll. This revelation prompted lots of speculation about what life would be life for the Yankees [...]
Ken Rosenthal is now reporting that Yu Darvish will likely not be posted until mid-to-late January, if he is posted at all. Darvish seems uncertain about whether or not he wants to make 2012 his MLB debut, and at the same time seems worried that his posting fee will be lower than Daisuke [...]
So maybe they will break again this time. But as an organization, they are saying they are driven to have a payroll of $189 million or less in 2014 when that becomes the luxury tax threshold. Because the incentives that come via the [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
There’s been CBA talk out the wazoo lately, and with good reason. The new agreement between Major League Baseball and the players will lead to over 2 decades of continuous labor peace for baseball, which is great news if you’re [...]
By now, you’re probably a little bit familiar with the new CBA deal. Outside of the new rules for international signings and the draft, it’s a pretty good document. Some long-needed things like a defense for gay and lesbian players, HGH testing, 26-man Doubleheader rosters, luxury tax tweaks and changes to the free agent compensation [...]
Hat Tip River Ave Blues for the Twitter Link:
@MelissaSeguraSI Source: New MLB CBA said to include a hard cap and a floor for international signings. Unclear when it would go into effect.
Obviously, the details are a little light now. If the floor is low enough and the cap is high enough, [...]
[image title="hudson-med" size="full" id="14262" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Last season, we saw a number of players linger on the free agent market due to their status as a Type A free agent. While superstars and younger players were not drastically affected, older players and those who fill niche roles saw their value plummet far below [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees